PDA

View Full Version : Nebuliser noise issues

Elena
24-04-2014, 12:14 PM
I think my neighbour is now taking issue with the noise of the nebuliser (we've moved on from the noise of the lawnmower :roll:) and has started playing loud music whenever I put it on (which then doesn't stop for a few hours).

It's on top of a car air filter which removes some of the noise. Anyone got any ideas of how I could make it any quieter? It's nowhere near the joining wall since I moved it several months ago. TBH I can't see how she can even hear it as it's already pretty quiet but it's happening too often to just be a coincidence so I guess she must be able too!

Amy104
24-04-2014, 05:17 PM
They aren't even loud, how can she possibly hear it next door? I wouldn't worry too much, maybe use it at sensible hours if you are really worried.

GrahamL
24-04-2014, 05:25 PM
I'd go next door and ask, personally!

MightyMax
24-04-2014, 06:16 PM
My nebuliser doesn't make enough noise to be heard next door. I think you're being very considerate.
Perhaps go next door to chat, as someone suggested.

Elena
25-04-2014, 12:58 AM
If it wasn't for the screaming and swearing I would but I'm quite scared of them tbh! The noise does seem to go through our walls quite easily, I did have it on a desk for a while and the noise downstairs was horrendous.

Angie B
25-04-2014, 11:52 AM
Can you stand it on some thick foam to absorb the noise perhaps?

Elena
25-04-2014, 07:17 PM
Can you stand it on some thick foam to absorb the noise perhaps?

Ta, have found a big car sponge and stood it on that, will see how it goes this evening!