• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My rabbit nibbles my clothes & feet!!

dasiychain

Young Bun
Has any one got any advise on why my rabbit (biscuit, neutered 1yr male mini lop) keeps biting my feet? He doesn't do it all the time it's like he sees them in his path and then edges near them then bites them. Sometimes he doesn't? I notice he nibbles on my long skirts and if I'm wearing a hoody he bites in places where it's baggy? Our other rabbit (Lucy Lou, spaded, 6 months) licks my clothes but today she nibbled my hoody around the wrist where it was really baggy? Should I be worried?

dype7yqe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it a proper, painful bite? Or just a nip?

Often bunnies will nip gently to say 'oi get out my way!' Marbles does this all the time. It is very annoying! :lol: but nothing to worry about. But a full blown, digging his teeth in bite would be different...

No, I wouldn't be worried.

My bridge bun Harry used to chew holes in some of my clothes, he particularly liked denim.

As for nipping feet- that's a bunny thing- how dare you put your feet in your rabbit's path?! :lol: He's just telling you to move as he would another bunny.

It's not really a painful bite more of a nip that hurts lol It's almost like he comes over to me then nips my feet even if I'm not in his way. It's weird as he doesn't nip my partners feet just me?

Stephen will come over and nip my feet if he thinks I'm not being quick enough with food or noserubs! Could it be that he wants a bit of attention? :lol: he does also nip my feet if I've annoyed him (picked him up for a bum check etc) or if I'm in the way!

Nah don't worry. Just this morning I had both Finn and Milo nibbling on a jean leg each whilst sweeping the run. I'm sure they just do it to say 'Hey don't forget about us!' or 'We want more pellet' or something...Either that or my jeans are tasty 0o

It's just really nerve racking when they get really close and start sniffing my legs/feet and then it gets harder with every sniff that I keep flinching which makes them jump lol

Back