• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Julie update

bunnytoes

Warren Veteran
Julie may not be able to walk but she sure does love to eat and be pampered.
She is still a little monster at times to get her own way. She has learned how to get attention fast during the middle of the night when she just wants a cuddle and to be petted.
She has become extremely vocal since she has been disabled. She makes a whining noise when she wants something. I come a running. The last few months she has decided that since I come flying that nice loud whines will get me to wake up fast to pet her and snuggle.
She sleeps in our bedroom. In fact she is brought into what ever part of the house we are in. Well, I'll get up check her to figure out she is just lonely in the middle of the night so go back to bed. I tried ignoring her after the 5th or 6th time of getting up to find that she is fine. She will now whine extra extra loud and will not stop until I pet her until she falls asleep.

She has been sleeping across the room on a small couch but now she sleeps right next to my bed so I can hang my hand over the edge to pet her in the middle of the night. I also hang my face over the edge of the bed whispering sweet talk to her and she doesn't whine much anymore during the night.

I love Julie so much! Cheeky thing learning to call for you for attention! :lol: Bless her little soul.

Such a wonderful heart warming update about dear Julie. Thank you so much.:love:

Many years ago a very disabled bunny came to stay with me for a week. Initially I was shocked and saddened at seeing this rabbit in such a state...however over the week I fell in love with this bunny. He was bright, intelligent had an excellent appetite and in every way other than his mobility was in the very best of health. His courage and determination to thrive astounded me and when I hear and see other bunnies' in similar situations, it always fills my heart with such happiness. They obviously are so loved and cared for and they in return are determined to live life to the full.

Keep going Julie.....I luvs you. :love::love:

I love Julie, she is so precious. :love::love::love:

Its amazing how she worked out to start whining would bring you to her side. Mr Bennett isn't vocal, however he has learnt to made loud munching noises on the bathroom door frame to get me up or the bedroom door now. Julie really is special.

Last edited:
Bless Julie, she is such a dear :love:
I never would've thought that bunnies could vocalize (well other than the scream, which I knew about before, but Fiver can be quite a whiny bunny whilst thumping if he feels threatened) until the time that I had to get Mimzy into a carrier for his neuter about 8 months after we brought him home and he made a terrified squeaking noise going into the Petmate. It horrified me to think I'd frightened him bad enough to squeak although I'd been as gentle as possible and of course I was scared I'd hurt him. He was fine though.

Please give Julie a special snuggle from me. :) xxxx

Julie is a very special and beautiful bun and I really love to read about her. She is obviously clever too! :D :love::love::love:

What a heart warming thread. Julie is beautiful xx

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Such a wonderful heart warming update about dear Julie. Thank you so much.:love:

Many years ago a very disabled bunny came to stay with me for a week. Initially I was shocked and saddened at seeing this rabbit in such a state...however over the week I fell in love with this bunny. He was bright, intelligent had an excellent appetite and in every way other than his mobility was in the very best of health. His courage and determination to thrive astounded me and when I hear and see other bunnies' in similar situations, it always fills my heart with such happiness. They obviously are so loved and cared for and they in return are determined to live life to the full.

Keep going Julie.....I luvs you. :love::love:

Actually Julie's vet said right after she couldn't walk that the end was near. She is totally amazed because that was over 6 months ago. She said that Julie is the most determined bunny that she has ever met and that her will to live comes from her love of us. Julie is very happy and content but we do spend almost 24/7 with her.

Bless Julie, she is such a dear :love:
I never would've thought that bunnies could vocalize (well other than the scream, which I knew about before, but Fiver can be quite a whiny bunny whilst thumping if he feels threatened) until the time that I had to get Mimzy into a carrier for his neuter about 8 months after we brought him home and he made a terrified squeaking noise going into the Petmate. It horrified me to think I'd frightened him bad enough to squeak although I'd been as gentle as possible and of course I was scared I'd hurt him. He was fine though.

Please give Julie a special snuggle from me. :) xxxx

Yeah at first I thought she was in pain and was giving her the extra pain med that she is allowed until I figured out she stoped the minute I came and started in when I stopped petting or moved.

Once she was satisfied she stops and lets me move away.

Can't believe I missed this!
I often think about Julie.
I love that as her physical abilities decline she still has the household under her command by developing other ways of getting her point across.
She just looks so happy & naughty as per usual :love::love:

I love the image of you whispering lovingly to her and stroking her until she goes to sleep :love:

Its so wonderful that she has your company most of the time. She is a lucky rabbit x

Back