• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Crack

bunnytoes

Warren Veteran

I call it Bunny Crack because of the way Julie acts when I give it to her. It seems very very addictive. I have made it twice so far. This last time I pressed tiny pieces of cut up fresh strawberries on the top of the dough before I rolled it out.
Here is the recipe. It is very simple and easy to adapt to your rabbit's likes.
1/4 cup rolled oats and 1/4 cup pellets in a food processor until somewhat ground. Then add 1/2 of a small banana and puree carrots. You can use organic pure baby food if you want to save some work. You can change the banana to any fruit and the carrots can be pumpkin instead.
Just add enough until it starts to form a dough ball.
Take the dough and put it in between plastic and knead slightly until it is dough like. You can always add more ground oats or pellets if it is too sticky of more fruit or veggie if too dry.

Roll the dough out between the plastic using a rolling pin to as thin as possible. Then use small cookie cutter to cut out shapes or a knife. I actually cut mine into squares using pizza cutter.
put the shapes onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. I used the side on a broad butter knife to remove each square gently off the plastic and onto the cookie sheet.
Bake in the oven at 325 for 30 minutes then leave in the oven for at least an hour or until hard.

The first batch I cut thick so cooked 2 extra hours on low heat of 200 then left in the over over night. This batch I rolled very thin and they baked perfectly for 30 minutes and in the oven for additional hour. They smell good baking and Julie is crazy for them.

Julie takes the spices turmeric and cinnamon on her vet's advice for inflammation from arthritis and teeth problems. I added some to these treats.

They look great, I love the idea of the strawberries on top.

Also interesting on cooking times, I've been trying mine on a low temp for ages, but I'll give it ago the other way around as 30 minutes sounds a lot speedier.

Bunny crack haha, love it! :lol::lol: They do look tasty; I haven't made any treats in a while so I might give these a go soon. :D

May have to try these...if I can get them baked and stored before my son smells them and scarfs the whole tray before I can tell him they're bunny cookies. :roll:

I make something very similar for my two but I don't roll it flat, I make teeny biscuits, bake them as you do and then turn the oven off and leave them in there overnight to properly dry out as my first batch went mouldy. :oops:

Back