• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some Rexes I Bred..........................

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I bet the thread title made you sit up and take notice !! :lol:

This is what happens when you are new to Rabbits, you have a Buck neutered and the VET tells you it's fine for him to go straight back in with his unspayed Doe friend......................

I thought Beatrice was just getting a bit too fat

061-2.jpg

How very wrong I was..................... :shock:

064-1.jpg

this little chap is Jack

Oh, and who's the Daddy..............................

Seamus

Seamus-1-1.jpg

Bless Jane, they were all lovely :love: My first rabbits were pregnant when I adopted them but I had no idea, I just woke up to find a litter, sadly stillborn and then a few days later a live letter. I kept all the babies too :love:

Oh my...I don't think I've seen a baby picture of Jack before. :love:

Not quite the same story but when Shadow came to us he was intact and we set up his neuter right away. However he was off his chain the day before his surgery and we were dismayed having found him with our unspayed female. :roll: We had 9 healthy puppies by July. Of course I wanted to keep them all but OH only allowed me two. There was no hope we could've successfully raised a total of what would've been 12 large dogs at the time (including our GSD.) Still, sending the seven away broke my heart. :cry:

However, had they all been bunnies I think OH would've been hard pressed to get me to part with them. :lol:

Beautiful. :love::love::love:
Easy mistake to make, there is no way I would have known a neutered buck could still get a doe pregnant.

Did have a little giggle at the name Seamus, because it looks like, well you know what. :oops:;)

Beautiful. :love::love::love:
Easy mistake to make, there is no way I would have known a neutered buck could still get a doe pregnant.

Did have a little giggle at the name Seamus, because it looks like, well you know what. :oops:;)

:lol: :lol:

When I think of all the mistakes I made in my first years of having Rabbits I shudder !!

The babies ?

Jack, Timothy, Ronan, Anna, Molly, Jill, Sophie and one who died in tragic circumstances before I even knew his/her gender :cry: It was entirely my fault and absolutely awful :cry:

Aw I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm sure you did your absolute best for them.

Lovely names, I'd love to see the pictures of them all grown up :love:

Back