• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wild bunnies in the garden

Santa

Wise Old Thumper
We moved house late last year and are now massively privileged to have wild bunnies around us :love: it's amazing to be able to sit in the conservatory and watch them potter, or to head out through the garage and watch them all leg it away :love:

I think we have 2 separate warrens at either end of the garden, they behave as 2 units and scatter in opposite directions. The babies have recently started emerging from the nests and oh my, they are soooo cute :love: they're amazingly fast, too - much more so than the adults. It's fascinating watching their behaviour too. If I stroll down the garden, they don't run off to start with, they just crouch down very flat and very still, obviously hoping not to be spotted. If I get too close, they suddenly ping up and leg it!

Photos aren't great as I only have my phone so no zoom and I can't get too near for obvious reasons! Spot the dots!

imagejpg4_zps3bdf5538.jpg

imagejpg2_zps277dd8e5.jpg

imagejpg1_zps3d17c5d7.jpg

imagejpg3_zps38d7d299.jpg

What a beautiful garden and view - I'd love to have little wildies in our garden though I do get to see the odd squirrel and lots and lots of birds.

Oh wow, lucky you. :love: I wouldn't get any housework done as I'd be constantly on bunny watch. :oops::lol:

You'll have to get yourself a hide!

Now that's an awesome idea! Forget birdwatching, I could do some bunny watching :lol:

There's a fallen walnut tree down one of the other parts of the garden (it goes off down to the right of the photo too), when it gets a bit warmer I could probably just go sit in the tree and watch for the bunnies, birds and bats at dusk :D

I also want to find somewhere to watch so I can see how close they get to my pair, and whether they actually seem to notice each other!

Oh wow, lucky you. :love: I wouldn't get any housework done as I'd be constantly on bunny watch. :oops::lol:

Santa should invite us all round for a 'bunny watching' party in her conservatory :D

I think this is my dream :D Until they get ill and I couldn't help.

Santa should invite us all round for a 'bunny watching' party in her conservatory :D

I think this is my dream :D Until they get ill and I couldn't help.

Boudicca was round shortly after we moved in and there was one just sat on the driveway which we thought was looking very lethargic, so I rushed out the front door and it just legged it at full speed, perfectly fine :lol: I'm used to them now though so I know what's normal...but yes I'm dreading something like a myxi outbreak!

The wildlife round here is very much like the pandas in the kit Kat advert, whenever anyone comes round, everything apart from pigeons seems to disappear...and then when people go home, all the bunnies and geese and buzzards and kestrels and all the rest of it come out! Louise did spot some hares in the field over the back, though :D

Tamsin - yep you're right, it's really hard to get anything done as I am totally glued to the windows :lol:

I love wildies. That is a great idea to find a hiding place. I would love to see up close shots. We have lots of wildies in our neighborhood. They are cottontails though and they don't run unless you walk up to them too fast.

I'd be there! And I'd never leave...... :lol::lol:

The wildlife round here is very much like the pandas in the kit Kat advert, whenever anyone comes round, everything apart from pigeons seems to disappear...and then when people go home, all the bunnies and geese and buzzards and kestrels and all the rest of it come out! Louise did spot some hares in the field over the back, though :D

:lol::lol:

My last house had a warren at the end of my garden and I never got anything done either. I was constantly watching them & taking millions of pictures of them. They're on my laptop though or I'd upload them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm currently sat in my conservatory watching a teeny baby bunny grazing on the lawn :love:

Every time I try and get close enough to get a photo, he runs off...so all I've got are some nice photos taken with my phone of the garden with a vague indistinguishable brown dot at the end of it :lol:

How lovely!! Wildies do make the place look beautiful!

We have no wildies immediately outside but I did see a mum with 3 babies hoping behind her yesterday morning AND a little black wildie. :love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few new ones this morning.

Spot the dot! Baby bunny just to the right of the purple leafed tree, below the flowerbed

imagejpg1_zps6afdb4f5.jpg

Same bunny, I tried to sneak up on him to get a closer shot :)
imagejpg1_zpscd21fd6e.jpg

Went down the garden to feed my two bunnies, and this one just sat in the corner by his bolt hole, keeping a close eye on me! You might need to zoom in a bit, he's sat right against the back hedge just to the right of the fence.
imagejpg1_zpsae2c6494.jpg

Ever had the feeling you're being watched? Again, not sure if you can spot him, but he's easy to see on the enlarged version on photobucket!
watched_zps37180797.png

I really must get a better camera, I can see the bunnies in these when I look on my ipad, but as soon as they get blown up any bigger, they're just a vague brown blur :lol:

Last edited:
Back