• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

question for thise with hutches??

I don't have one any more but, yep, I used to have a large litter tray in the sleeping area as that's where they preferred to do their toilet business. :D It pretty much filled the whole compartment actually. :oops::lol: I also had hay in a hayrack at the other end of the hutch and another big box full in the run too.

Yes, I have one in the bedding area which is the one they always use. Also one under the hay rack which they occasionally poop in but not very often.

No; the bed chamber's too small, as is the upstairs in general and it would also block the stairs.

My girls' litter tray is downstairs and they use it for 99.9% of their wee and about 80% of poop. Poop's easy to clean up though; dry little balls just sweep up easily and quickly.

Yeah, that way the whole main area of the hutch is left open so there isn't a massive litter tray taking up space.

Yes and no. I removed the dividers in all my hutches as prefer the open space - but I have a litter tray at each end of the hutch so one is behind the covered door.

My hutch sits on a very large run (both homemade) and I put two large litter trays in the run, under the part protected by the hutch. (Have also put bubble wrap part way along the run for extra protection). They are never shut in the hutch and love to lie in the litter trays (lined with newspaper with hay on top). I just put newspaper and hay in the hutch and very rarely find wee or poo in it.

Here's a pic. I did try the litter tray in front of where the hay rack is in the main bit but with the hole in the hutch it took up a lot of space. I have to tilt the 32L storage box to get it in there but it does fit nicely:lol:

Back