• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two little bunnies that just can't get a break

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:(

I feel so sorry Aimee and Eccles, every time we think they are sorted something else happens to one of them :(

We took Aimee as part of an Rspca neglect case. Her incisors were so over grown that her mouth couldn't shut when she was rescued so the rspca took her into surgery the next day to get them removed ( and neutered). She came to us a couple of days later.

Eccles had been in rescue over a year and also had incisor issues. When he arrived at ours just before Christmas he only had one big huge lower incisor. We waited a month or two to get it removed as he had a lot of tummy trouble when he arrived.

Once both had recovered from their ops we decided to bond them. This was incredible stressful for all involved and it took at least 3 weeks for them to stop fighting as they both had major issues with space and food. But we persevered because deep down I could tell they actually were quite fond of each other. Now they are the closest of couples :love: and we hoped that would be the start of their new lives. But no.

A week after they moved into their permanent home, Aimee stopped eating. She had an abscess in the upper cavity from where her incisor was removed. It didn't have a great prognosis but after a month of injections and pain relief she got the all clear. Only for us to find a week late a shard of incisor growing again. Another trip to the vet and we were told that it couldn't be removed as it was too fragile and she would have to have regular burring, after everything she has been through :(

At this point we noticed Eccles was drinking a lot. A vet trip revealed he now had molar spurs and the vet suspected tooth root issues due to the drinking. He was admitted last week. Presurgery bloods were clear which was great but xrays were very revealing. His tooth roots are over grown but hopefully not too painful at this stage. However it turns out he is in incredible pain from little splinters of teeth embedded in his mouth :cry: The vet says this has been caused by his teeth being continually clipped by nail clippers in the past. The roots had shattered inside his mouth and this is now the result :( They can't be removed so he will now be on pain relief for the rest of his life.

They have been through so much and it seems this will probably continue so I am just so grateful they now have each other :)

P1060197.jpg

P1060194.jpg

P1060189.jpg

Aw, poor little bunnies, sending lots of vibes and love for them both - at least they are in the best possible hands and will get all the medical help and love they need xx

How sad :( who on earth would clip rabbits teeth with nail clippers?! Really? *sigh* humans....

Lots of love and vibes for these 2 xxx

Ah bless them both, I hope that being together will help them cope with everything a bit better. X

Thank you. I do believe them both having company has given them an extra incentive to keep fighting :love: They always go to the vets together too. NOt something we always do as some have to go so often it isn't fair on the healthy one

It's sad but at least they have each other and a lovely life with you. As you rightly say it makes all the difference to a bun xx :love::love:

Omg those poor bunnies :( but sqeeeeeeee they're adorable!! I just want to smoosh them :love::love::love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poor little sweetpuds, they are so adorable and I am glad that they are in the best possible place now :thumb:

Some bunnies have to go through so much don't they, it seems so unfair. :( I know the bonding was a complete nightmare but you must be so glad you persevered as I'm sure they both support each other when they need it.

Bless them both. I noticed your post about Eccles on your All the Rainbow Rabbits thread, and actually wondered if I I was reading it correctly... poor boy. Very sad that such pain might have been avoided, but he is in good hands now.

Spenser sends bunny greetings to his lookalike and wifebun :love:

A bunny having a mate is huge when it comes to their coping with illness. It's why I wish I could rebond Mimzy and Pip, if for no other reason than he will have someone to wash his ears and poorly eyes. :(

I feel that any further challenges faced by Aimee and Eccles will pale in comparison to the love they have for one another. :love:

What a lovely pair. They certainly look happy.

Vibes for them both that they have a comfortable and happy life with you.:love:

They are adorable and do look happy in the pics. I hope that they feel better soon and are all sorted for good. Lots of vibes.

Back