• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another newbie!!

Poppysmum

New Kit
Hi everyone

I'm not really new to the forum,I've been lurking around for a couple of months but have never posted before!

I'm the proud slave to 2 lops,Poppy and Audi. I first came on the forum a couple of months ago when researching getting a friend for my then lone female Poppy. I got Poppy 4 years ago and she started as a house bunny. I decided to put her outside for the summer a couple of years ago and she loves it. I brought her back indoors at the end of the summer but she would just sit in her cage and not come out and basically ignored me. So after a couple of days I put her back outside and that is where she has stayed ever since,quite happily!!

Shamefully,it was only recently I realised that however happy Poppy seemed she would be happier with a friend. So after doing lots of research into bonding on this forum I took the plunge and rescued Audi from my local RSPCA centre. He has been with me for 2 weeks now and it is as though they have known each other their whole life! Poppy is smitten with Audi and he seems smitten with her. I love seeing them laying together and grooming each other and it has made me realise that I would never have a line bunny again. In fact I have even now convinced my boyfriend that his lone house bunny needs a friend and he is now looking at adopting another bunny.

So that is Audi and Poppy's story :)

I love reading everyone's posts on the forum and I am amazed at how much brilliant advice can be found on here. I've not even really scratched the surface yet but have already learnt so much!!

xx

Hello and welcome! :wave: it sounds like poppy and Audi are very happy :love: looking forward too seeing some pictures of them :D

Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing your story :) It's wonderful to hear we inspired you to get a second bunny and that it's gone so well! I bet you're enjoying watching them together - it's lovely seeing bunnies interact. Any chance of some photos?

Hello welcome to RU, there is nothing wrong with taking time to get a second bun but I bet all three of you are happy you did :D

Thank you everyone for your warm welcome!!
I have some pics but they aren't very good.i will try and take some better ones over the weekend at post them.
I literally spend hours watching them,they are definitely my new hobby. A little bit sad I know but everyone has their vice right?!

Back