• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Megazorb alternative

*lily*

Wise Old Thumper
Is there anything else available that is as fine and absorbent as Megazorb? I found Carefresh too chunky but this bag of Megazorb is the smelliest EVER and, as I use it in Russell's cage as well as Louie's littertray, it is making my Daughter's bedroom smell horrible too :evil:

Last edited:
I switched to Fitch when megazorb got smelly but it's very similar to care fresh.

Have you tried aubiose??

I use fitch. I've never used megazorb so can't compare but fitch is recycled paper similar consistency to large wood shavings.

Fitch is larger pieces but it's nice and soft. I use it for my hamster and he makes very good tunnels with it. Very absorbent too:)

I use aubiose, started using it in the winter when had trouble getting newspaper. Now I use newspaper with a handful of aubiose in each corner. Had no issues so far.

Right, will get some and give it a go!

Do they sell it at horse supply places?

You can only buy it online I think. Direct from them or eBay. The biggest bag is very compact, I fit the whole thing (still in its bag) in an 80L storage box and I still have a decent amount left from a bag I got in October!

You could get it through Amazon at one point or buy direct. I think on their website it does show local stockists as well. If you can collect it is much cheaper. I pay £7.50 instead of about £17delivered.

Raviera is quite good.

Aubiose - used to be able to get this from The Hungry Horse in Sutton Coldfield, I havn't been for a while so not sure if they still stock it.

It might not be fine enough for you but I used to use back2nature. It's recycled paper pellets for want of a better term. Before I moved out I found that megazorb irritated my mum's chest and I never thought to go back to it when I moved out.

Back