• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jollyes have done a good thing- rabbit looking for home in Ipswich

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
I had to pop into Jolleys this morning (I hate going in there) because I had to get some Readigrass.

The bloke asked me if I had rabbits. I was like 'yeh' and he was like 'do you want another one?'. I thought he was talking about me buying surplus Easter stock (oh how wrong I was). I was like 'well, they came from rescues and stuff, so not really'. He said that he wasn't trying to get me to buy one, but he had one that he will give to the right home for free as long as it went to a home where he could be accepted and loved (aw).

The bloke said this chap (he is apparently a boy) had been bought and then returned because the lady who bought him couldn't handle him. He's a little scrabbly but he sat contentedly enough in my arms with a little scratching on the way to and on the way down from. He's VERY nosey and cute and very interested. There's nothing wrong with him at all, its just the lady couldn't accept him as he was.

So, rather than send him back to the stockists (where the staff member feels he will be used as snake food), this lovely bloke (who evidently cares a lot about the animals) wants to find him the right home for him. I said I couldn't take him home, but would try to help find him a home.

He's 16 weeks, apparently a boy.

AND HE'S REALLY CUTE!

The only thing is, I don't know how long this bloke will be able to keep him here.

Can anyone help this little chap? I'm happy to help with transport and suchlike if anyone can take him.

If no individual is able to help, might a rescue be able to?

(sorry if this is in the wrong place mods, AND can we please keep away from the pet shop debate, etc).

Last edited:
If noone can be found to help, it would be worth approaching P@H adoption and seeing if they will take him, although I'm not sure if they will if you tell them he is from a competitor. And before anyone starts, P@H adoption does give the chance of a good home, whereas from the sounds of it sending back to the breeder may not.

Back