• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

stupid idea?

tabithakat64

Mama Doe
I would love a fourth rescue bunny ideally a young boy to bond with my three girls. Another lionhead, Dutch, mini lop or mini rex and there are some out their for adoption.

99% of the time my three get on great, but I've noticed Cinna chase Prim and try to hump her twice today. I thought all this had stopped when I had them spayed just under two weeks ago :(

Would I be nuts adding another bun to the group or would adding a neutered male balance things out?

Not at all but if yours have only recently been spayed I would wait another month before thinking about it to give everything a chance to settle down.

As always with adding another bun to you have the space for a second set up should it not work and you end up with two pairs instead? Most rescues will be able to advise you on which buns they have that may suit the existing dynamics of your group. Some rescues will bond for you too

With regards to the humping it could just be the time of year a lot of buns get a bit frisky about now

I would love a fourth rescue bunny ideally a young boy to bond with my three girls. Another lionhead, Dutch, mini lop or mini rex and there are some out their for adoption.

99% of the time my three get on great, but I've noticed Cinna chase Prim and try to hump her twice today. I thought all this had stopped when I had them spayed just under two weeks ago :(

Would I be nuts adding another bun to the group or would adding a neutered male balance things out?

I've got a ~3 year old male lionhead x and a 10/11 month old lop female. Rose humps Humphrey (usually over food excitement) and I've seen him chase her away when he's had enough! They've been together since Rose was about 4/5 months, although the humping is relatively recent: spring fever perhaps.

Personally, as my two are happy (touch wood!) I wouldn't risk adding another, despite how tempting it may be! But saying that I've seen lots of trios/quads on here having been successfully bonded! It's down to individual rabbits really. But as they've only just been spayed I'd wait at least a month before properly considering the addition of a new rabbit. :thumb:

Not at all but if yours have only recently been spayed I would wait another month before thinking about it to give everything a chance to settle down.

As always with adding another bun to you have the space for a second set up should it not work and you end up with two pairs instead? Most rescues will be able to advise you on which buns they have that may suit the existing dynamics of your group. Some rescues will bond for you too

With regards to the humping it could just be the time of year a lot of buns get a bit frisky about now

Cross posted, sorry. :lol: I'm slow typing on my iPad!

Back