• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello everybody at Rabbitrehome.org.uk!

Hubbell

New Kit
Hi

My name is Hubbell, I have two rabbits one is a mini half lop, and the other is a lion head. My mini lop mongrel is called Vinnie Jones and he's about 4 years old, I purchased him from Pets at Home simply because he had one ear sticking up and one ear down and I jokingly asked the shop assistant for a reduction in the price due to the "imperfection" the shop assistant was a bit thick and took me literally and told me off, my wife then told me we can't then leave mr 1 ear behind (he was about 4 months old and the largest rabbit in the store). My Lion Head is called Penelope Pit Stop. We adopted her about a week ago to bond her to my mini lop and at the moment they are leading separate lives. Vinnie used to be married to Norah Jones but she died of cancer about 2 months ago.

Good luck with the bonding, once they are both neutered/spayed.

Incidentally, my mixed breed rabbits would be aghast at being called mongrels. :lol:

Yeah I've bonded rabbits before with no problem and I'm very experienced in their behaviour having had many over the years. However I've joined because I've adopted the Lion Head and she acts a bit strange and as I'm not familiar with the breed I'm unsure what's normal and what isn't. I will post a new thread in the relevant section.

welcome to the forum, can't wait to see any picture you have :wave: lionheads are pretty easy going they can be mischievous from ones I know, but then each rabbit of any breed is an individual as with humans

Back