• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pretty much finished the walk in run :D

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Was going to leave it til next weekend but found some energy to finish it off today! There's a few finishing touches needed and the digging pit needs filling but other than that I think it's finished enough to show off now :lol: I don't mind saying I'm very proud of it - all my own work :)

So here it is...

The piece of wood on the outside is blocking off the hole from the previous runaround, I thought it would look neater than mesh and I've got a plant holder on it ready for a plant to make more of a feature of it!

This is the view from the door

The pipe at the bottom goes into the digging pit and there's a couple of feet of pipe inside the pit. I need to get something at the side there to jump up onto the platform, hoping to get hold of a decent log!

The arches at the bottom of the digging pit are just little hideouts, they can't get into the digging pit from them, they are made from big plastic plant pots I cut down :D

Ramp/pipe up to dig box

The left hand side

The runaround door to the shed will be at the side of the little shelter.

Just hope they don't make too much of a mess of it when they get to use it :roll: :lol:

Oh wow that is amazing!

I'm even more jealous now.

You're so creative! I can't wait to see pics of the bunnies in it :thumb:

That looks great! Can you explain the digging box to me? Does the lower pipe go into it?
Edit: sorry I just re-read and it does. How do you stop earth/sand getting into the pipe? and how do the rabbits get up to the top pipe? It looks brilliant and I am just about to do Samatha & Truffles' walk-in run, plus I have 2 lengths of runaround pipe to play with!

Last edited:
That looks great! Can you explain the digging box to me? Does the lower pipe go into it?
Edit: sorry I just re-read and it does. How do you stop earth/sand getting into the pipe? and how do the rabbits get up to the top pipe? It looks brilliant and I am just about to do Samatha & Truffles' walk-in run, plus I have 2 lengths of runaround pipe to play with!

Yeah it does :) It's not filled yet but I'm using mainly garden soil which is supposed to be the only thing which will hold burrows so I'm guessing they'll just burrow through any soil that gets into the pipe, that should add to the fun :D The top pipe is accessed from a platform there but I do need to put something for them to jump on to get to the platform as it's a bit high as it is. On the look out for a good sized tree stump :D Actually came across a brill one the other day but wasn't near anywhere I could park my car and it was pretty big, can't imagine it would be easy to carry :lol:

Back