• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Well that's me stressed

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
Asked my mams boyfriend to give the rabbits hay while I was out and when my mam came home and checked on them, he'd given them a bowl of hamster food :shock:

My mam said there was a fair bit in the bowl so hopefully they haven't eaten much but I'm so worried. I'm so careful with them because I'm terrified of them going in to stasis so I won't relax all night now :(

Never trust other people! I know he thought he was being nice but if they do get ill it's me that has to pay the emergency bill!

What - who on earth can't tell the difference between hamster food and hay? I'm (almost) speechless. Hope it has no ill effects.

I assume he gave them hay too, but when he had a rabbit it was fed museli so he'll have wanting to be nice and give them food too... But a whole bowl of hamster mix is not quite the same as their eggcup and a bit of excel they get a day. Just hoping they didn't eat much of it :(

Before I took Woody and Jessie, the family member who owned them asked another family member to feed them. He fed them the wood pellet litter all week as he thought that was the food. How they are still alive I will never know :(

They seem fine so far and it was at 3pm he fed them so hopefully there's going to be no ill effects. Giving them their supper soon!

I'm going to have to give them some pellets or they'll keep me up all night... I'm going out at 7am so need sleep! Going to give them less than normal and my mams going to keep an eye on them for me tomorrow.

Back