• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would it be worth confining the space?

moi

Mama Doe
Timmy and Misty are pooing and peeing everywhere... literally everywhere. And I dont want that in there new hutch. Would it be worth confining space for a little while. There run is quite a mare to get into so having to clean it all from top to toe each day is too much.

Personally I would not confine them. I'd just have to clean them out every day

Once you let them out again they will probably poo everywhere again anyway, especially if there are other Rabbits nearby.

Are they a new pair? In a new space? Molly and Barney did this for a few weeks, but it stops after a while once they feel they've marked everywhere as theirs! You'll just have to do more cleaning for a few weeks :lol:

The poos don't bother me so much, its the wees. And as its in the run its on concrete at the part its difficult to get to. Little toerags! X

What about placing corner litter trays in every corner? Or soak a puppy pad with urine and place in a storage box under the hay?

Mine were dreadful at first but it did calm down, just good old frustration and perseverance I am afraid

Good luck
fee x

Its outside so if it rains there is nothing to stop the litter getting wet. X

Last edited:
Hi , lovely person recommended me covered cat litter trays the other day ( on here ) and worked really well , raining today and dry inside boxes !!

Hi , lovely person recommended me covered cat litter trays the other day ( on here ) and worked really well , raining today and dry inside boxes !!

I did look into them and they are too expensive. Ill figure something out x

How about covering the run? I cover all of mine because I don't want the elements getting in. That means that I can put whatever I want in there and it stays dry. There's plenty of ways to do it so that it's still easily accesible. But if they don't have litter trays there and they decide they will want to use somewhere there as a toilet, then they will just go anywhere, so it's up to you to adjust, rather than them to change; they will change as you adjust.

What do you cover your run with?? I did have tarpaulin over it but it was soooo noisy in the wind. If I can find something decent to cover it that would be great.

13 quid isn't a lot if you buy one, but I'd need about 5! Lol x

I use corrugated plastic, with beach mats, silver side up, or something underneath, and then something over the top.

B&Q or similar?

On my website there is an accommodation section that may have some useful tips and ideas on.

Back