• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What has gotten into my two?!??!

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
They've been so lively and adventurous today, significantly more than usual!!!

They normally stick to their area of the room, and might go out to play in the rest of the room for a couple of hours in the evening and an hour every morning even when their pen is down all day. But today they've been binkying all over the room, climbing on all furniture and playing under the table all day apart from a 3 hour midday snooze.

Harvey kept venturing into the kitchen which he has NEVER done before because of the tile floor :shock: and if I left the back door open from the kitchen whilst I was stood just outside it I kept seeing his little face come to investigate :shock:

So after all the interest I got the rabbit lead out, which I haven't used for either in 2 years (Harvey used to not tolerate it AT ALL, Lilly used to not even notice it), I put it on Harvey and he didn't react at all so I thought it was safe to try him with it and he was fine! He pottered around for a few minutes not afraid in the garden, then just decided it was time to sit and was all the dew and grass smell off of him :roll: Lilly then had it put on and as usual she loved it, she explored loads then indulged in some dandelions :D

This evening has brought Harvey trying to eat his way in to Sid's cage :shock: then he jumped into the fire place :shock: not lit obviously! And then he tried to eat the coal!?!??!?!?!? Lilly just jumped through my arms as I prepared dinner for them! You'd think I never fed them!

Seriously crazy bunnies today!!!!

spring , have they showed any signs of spring fever yet, mabel had it all week stopped yesterday (touch wood)

spring , have they showed any signs of spring fever yet, mabel had it all week stopped yesterday (touch wood)

They were extra humpy about 3-4 weeks ago, and then they settled down so I thought it was over!

I had the front and back doors opening and closing all day so all the smells of grass and spring flowers would have wafted in, maybe they set them off again! Plus it was lovely and warm yesterday and today so that probably didn't help :p

It's been funny watching them today though, they've been so over excited by EVERYTHING! Even me just talking to them or making kiss noises at them has got them even more bouncy!

He's still at it! Running everywhere and interested in everything! I've had to let him sniff my cheese on toast and my yoghurt to prove it wasn't food for him because he wouldn't leave me alone! He's especially cuddly too :love: he's been honking at Lilly now :roll: I've just remembered he's been a honky boy for the last few days :lol: I do love the honking noise it makes me laugh!

Awe Stu used to honk at me pre plum fairy:lol:

I used to think it was lovely as he was a single bun I'm still kinda his girl even tho he us now a trio with his two nephews :shock:

He still runs to me in the garden for fusses when they are out :love:

Awwww how nice, do they just normally sit in more or less one place despite having a big area? Mine do this, they old have the run of my flat but just sit on one mat :roll:

I've got a new big rug to put down for mine today (was in the lounge but the cat ruined it do the buns get it), I am hoping for binkys, they used to come into the lounge and binky on the rug all the time, as they are too lazy now I'll have to tke the rug to them :roll::lol:

I also have honking right now from Pixie, she's. Sensitive this time of year, I've also had several nests which s annoying because the fur gets everywhere.

Awe Stu used to honk at me pre plum fairy:lol:

I used to think it was lovely as he was a single bun I'm still kinda his girl even tho he us now a trio with his two nephews :shock:

He still runs to me in the garden for fusses when they are out :love:

I've never had Harvey honk at me, he honks for brekkie/dinner occasionally, he'll honk when he's in the mood at Lilly, sometimes he'll just run crazily around the room honking if he's in a very happy mood :lol:

Stu obviously loves you lots :p I don't know if Harvey would run to me in the garden, he never used to (he hasn't free ranged out there in two years), but he's been a house rabbit for a year now, and will run to me now indoors if I wave him over so maybe he would outdoors! I'll have to try him when I'm next at my parents. I doubt he will, he'll take one look at me and binky off into the distance :lol:

Awwww how nice, do they just normally sit in more or less one place despite having a big area? Mine do this, they old have the run of my flat but just sit on one mat :roll:

I've got a new big rug to put down for mine today (was in the lounge but the cat ruined it do the buns get it), I am hoping for binkys, they used to come into the lounge and binky on the rug all the time, as they are too lazy now I'll have to tke the rug to them :roll::lol:

I also have honking right now from Pixie, she's. Sensitive this time of year, I've also had several nests which s annoying because the fur gets everywhere.

Pretty much! The sleep all day either in the litter tray, on their ikea dolls bed, in their hutch or on their mat (all in the same area), they sleep all night on the third floor of their hutch (they go up their within 5 minutes of lights out, even if they were playing, and they rarely come downstairs again until about 530am :shock:). They do have their couple of hours of play though which they will run around the whole room, but generally they just play in their area with the odd venture out!

They're still very playful this morning, Harvey is still very interested in the fireplace, I've just inspected it and every piece of coal visible has either tongue or teeth marks on :roll:

I've just gone nest searching, Lilly doesn't usually make nests, she started making them just before she was spayed but hasn't since. But I noticed yesterday she was very very tufty, I thought she was just starting a new moult so we had a lovely grooming session, but every time I came back to inside see them, every hour or so, she was tufty again! So I thought maybe she's making nests? Or Harvey is humping her and pulling her fur out as he holds on :roll: or it is just a spectacular moult!

I've never had Harvey honk at me, he honks for brekkie/dinner occasionally, he'll honk when he's in the mood at Lilly, sometimes he'll just run crazily around the room honking if he's in a very happy mood :lol:

Stu obviously loves you lots :p I don't know if Harvey would run to me in the garden, he never used to (he hasn't free ranged out there in two years), but he's been a house rabbit for a year now, and will run to me now indoors if I wave him over so maybe he would outdoors! I'll have to try him when I'm next at my parents. I doubt he will, he'll take one look at me and binky off into the distance :lol:

Pretty much! The sleep all day either in the litter tray, on their ikea dolls bed, in their hutch or on their mat (all in the same area), they sleep all night on the third floor of their hutch (they go up their within 5 minutes of lights out, even if they were playing, and they rarely come downstairs again until about 530am :shock:). They do have their couple of hours of play though which they will run around the whole room, but generally they just play in their area with the odd venture out!

They're still very playful this morning, Harvey is still very interested in the fireplace, I've just inspected it and every piece of coal visible has either tongue or teeth marks on :roll:

I've just gone nest searching, Lilly doesn't usually make nests, she started making them just before she was spayed but hasn't since. But I noticed yesterday she was very very tufty, I thought she was just starting a new moult so we had a lovely grooming session, but every time I came back to inside see them, every hour or so, she was tufty again! So I thought maybe she's making nests? Or Harvey is humping her and pulling her fur out as he holds on :roll: or it is just a spectacular moult!

It could be Harvey pulling,eter has tufts where Pixie keeps humping & pulling him :roll:, poor little man.

I think they normally pull the fur out for nests from the Dewlap, Pixie always has a definite nest when she has done it, mean Mummmy clears it away (she should learn & not put it in the litter tray)!!

It could be Harvey pulling,eter has tufts where Pixie keeps humping & pulling him :roll:, poor little man.

I think they normally pull the fur out for nests from the Dewlap, Pixie always has a definite nest when she has done it, mean Mummmy clears it away (she should learn & not put it in the litter tray)!!

Awh silly girl! I used to feel so sorry for Lilly when she nested, although it did look hilarious and she didn't really know how to actually make one... I'd see her run out of her hutch with the largest mouthful of hay ever and running around trying to work out where to put it :roll: if I distracted her during this, she'd get confused and just stop and drop it, then sniff it and look at me as if I was the weird one for putting hay in the wrong place! I'd find tufts of fur in random places, she wasn't the best at structuring a nest :lol:

They're being good now, I just caught them pulling up carpet so I picked up Lilly and followed Harvey back to their corner and they've laid down there and are washing each other and nibbling their hay :love: they are being extra cuddly with me too :love: even Lilly enjoyed being carried by me, normally if I carry her she sits and chews on my clothes, this time she was enjoying having her kisses on the forehead and wanted more when back on the floor :love:

Back