• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What toys do your rabbits like?

tashp90

Warren Veteran
My two seem to be disinterested in most things that don't concern food :roll:

They have lots of cardboard available, but only one box they like to chew.
They have little plastic balls with bells in, which seem to only be fun when I'm in bed :roll:
I've given them wicker balls, wooden chews, plastic stacking cups, plastic rings etc but they just don't seem interested.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

Anything they are not suppose to chew and eat! So I guess the carpet and wallpaper at the moment :D

Maizie likes to pull bits out of my rug and then just leave them there :roll:
I'm pretty lucky with regards to furniture, they haven't chewed anything, and haven't taken to my skirting boards either *touch wood*

My two seem to be disinterested in most things that don't concern food :roll:

When I saw the thread title my first reaction was anything that involves food. :)
They have two large grass tubes that they enjoy shredding.
They have three of those 'agility' tunnels that they like running through.
Oh they do love their paper run. (A big pile of paper they burrow in).
Other than that everything is food related. Like loo rolls filled with hay. Their rattle ball.. Filled with hay. Their grass ball... Filled with hay. You get the idea. Pretty much anything filled with hay. :) occasionally I'll put bits of plantain or dried parsnips in their toys... Guaranteed for them to go mental.

Their grass tubes they are enjoying shredding...
13911817331_1e4020a3ed.jpg

When I saw the thread title my first reaction was anything that involves food. :)
They have two large grass tubes that they enjoy shredding.
They have three of those 'agility' tunnels that they like running through.
Oh they do love their paper run. (A big pile of paper they burrow in).
Other than that everything is food related. Like loo rolls filled with hay. Their rattle ball.. Filled with hay. Their grass ball... Filled with hay. You get the idea. Pretty much anything filled with hay. :) occasionally I'll put bits of plantain or dried parsnips in their toys... Guaranteed for them to go mental.

They really do just like eating :lol:

My two sleep in their tunnels :roll:
They love it when I make them forage boxes, but they wee and poop in them which ruins the box :roll: I'm going to make one with a plastic container, but even then, it's food related :lol:
The only play they seem to do a lot of, is chasing each other around the room, but even that is usually because of food. Daisy picks a veggie out of the bowl, runs away with it, Maizie chases her, daisy runs again etc :lol:

My two had a cardboard castle but that collapsed recently. It did last over a year though and they liked that.
They have lots of willow balls, they're probably the only thing they actually play with.
Chill and chew mats too, toilet roll holders with hay and pellets in, they also have a box filled with blankets to dig :)

They really do just like eating :lol:

My two sleep in their tunnels :roll:
They love it when I make them forage boxes, but they wee and poop in them which ruins the box :roll: I'm going to make one with a plastic container, but even then, it's food related :lol:
The only play they seem to do a lot of, is chasing each other around the room, but even that is usually because of food. Daisy picks a veggie out of the bowl, runs away with it, Maizie chases her, daisy runs again etc :lol:

Ha!! :)

This is a photo I've shared before... And is I think their only non-food related toy. They do enjoy playing in it, trying to throw it around, scratch it, and generally sort it out... Well actually... I assume they enjoy it.. They might actually hate it and find it annoying that nasty mummy keeps rearranging it lol.

13889843655_c098efa24b.jpg

This is a photo I've shared before... And is I think their only non-food related toy. They do enjoy playing in it, trying to throw it around, scratch it, and generally sort it out... Well actually... I assume they enjoy it.. They might actually hate it and find it annoying that nasty mummy keeps rearranging it lol.

I did see this! I don't have paper like that though :(!

I don't think they have an issue with the toys provided, the binky and DBF all the time, so they must be happy :lol: I think it's just that I want them to play :oops:

I know exactly what you mean! Mister and Missy will binky, flop, run bunny 500 around the house so they are definitely happy. :) but yeah there is something to be said for watch them pick up and toss around a toy :)

Like treat ball with pellet breakfast inside, stacking cups and cardboard castle, and hay stuffed willow ball
Totally food focused but seem to get really excited when they have to work for it eg treat ball
Also platform in run is very popular

Like treat ball with pellet breakfast inside, stacking cups and cardboard castle, and hay stuffed willow ball
Totally food focused but seem to get really excited when they have to work for it eg treat ball
Also platform in run is very popular

Mine have free range 24/7 so they jump.on all the furniture etc
I'm realising that rabbits entertainment is completely focused on food :lol:

That paper is great!! That's a lovely photo. I had some of that in a box of stuff that was delivered and thought it's be brilliant. It was ignored. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That paper is great!! That's a lovely photo. I had some of that in a box of stuff that was delivered and thought it's be brilliant. It was ignored. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you :)
Our last rabbit liked to run through Christmas wrapping paper... Only problem was he was a paper eater too. Luckily Mister and Missy don't seem to eat the paper, just shredding, moving, scratching etc.

Ferg really likes most toys which is cute :)
At the moment his favs are a loofah p@h teddy £1.50 - he chews it and hops around with it! And a cuddly toy donut :)
He gets the odd card board box to ruin as well but I just worry because he eats cardboard :(
Pellet/treat balls are good! And veg/hay balls - he has one that's like a metal cage ball that I stick his veg in and he LOVES that :)

Back