• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two babies in their "outdoor" chicken coop...

WelshGirl

Young Bun
Well, two of my four babies are in the newly carpeted garage in their big chicken coop tonight.

I'm really upset and not doing terribly well with it! I'm constantly worrying about them and I'm scared stuff that they're out if the house and down the garden!! :'( There is a padlock on the door and all windows are shut but the fact that they're no longer INSIDE my house is making me anxious!

I know a lot of lovely people on here have bunnies that live outdoors but I can't help wishing I had a 5 bedroom house so I could give two rooms to two pairs of bunnies and know they are safe :(

My husband can't understand all my worrying and that is miffing me off!!!! xx

Sorry rant over...

I know just how you feel as I had to move 2 of my buns outdoors last year due to lack of space and my OH. I hated it! However they loved it :lol: They were in my kitchen and were probably sick of my Indian and Greek cooking :D

They are still outside and occasionally sneak indoors for a look round then happily go back out in the garden and to the garage where they live.

I think it's harder on us than them. As least they have each other and will probably be treating it like a big adventure xxxx

:wave: I have only ever had housebuns, but it I had a bigger yard and younger bunnies I would want them to go outside, at least in their youth.

I know just how you feel as I had to move 2 of my buns outdoors last year due to lack of space and my OH. I hated it! However they loved it :lol: They were in my kitchen and were probably sick of my Indian and Greek cooking :D

They are still outside and occasionally sneak indoors for a look round then happily go back out in the garden and to the garage where they live.

I think it's harder on us than them. As least they have each other and will probably be treating it like a big adventure xxxx

Thanks so much xx :)

I'm glad your bunnies are enjoying their outdoor life :) I want to try and sort a run for mine for the garden too in the future so they can come and go as they please. But I have to face that I wouldn't let them do it if I wasn't around - I know I would freak all day at work. Maybe I'll install cameras?!

You're probably right, and I'm probably being overprotective! I hope once they are settled and my other two join them and are also OK I will feel better. I did consider making my husband move into the garage - it is carpeted after all!!! ;) hehe xx

:wave: I have only ever had housebuns, but it I had a bigger yard and younger bunnies I would want them to go outside, at least in their youth.

I did love having them as house buns - even if I had to hoover 60 times a day :D x
I guess I need to keep in mind that rabbits are built for outdoors, and they have their garage. I just prefer my fur babies to a lot of humans ;) x

Thanks so much xx :)

I'm glad your bunnies are enjoying their outdoor life :) I want to try and sort a run for mine for the garden too in the future so they can come and go as they please. But I have to face that I wouldn't let them do it if I wasn't around - I know I would freak all day at work. Maybe I'll install cameras?!

You're probably right, and I'm probably being overprotective! I hope once they are settled and my other two join them and are also OK I will feel better. I did consider making my husband move into the garage - it is carpeted after all!!! ;) hehe xx

I told OH to move outside instead :lol: Like you I don't let them out unless I am home and I am in and out all the time to see that they are ok. I need to have runs in place as well and want a cat flap fitted through the wall so they can make as much use of the run as they wish. All being planned at the mo :thumb:

They do love running round the garden and exploring and it keeps me highly entertained to watch what they get to :D xxxxx

I told OH to move outside instead :lol: Like you I don't let them out unless I am home and I am in and out all the time to see that they are ok. I need to have runs in place as well and want a cat flap fitted through the wall so they can make as much use of the run as they wish. All being planned at the mo :thumb:

They do love running round the garden and exploring and it keeps me highly entertained to watch what they get to :D xxxxx

Awwww! Bless them :) do they all live together? I would love my four to live in a big group xx

Can a cat flap be put through a solid wall?!? I definitely need this! xx

Back