• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why????

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
It's good Friday and I have two rabbits down!

One mostly stopped eating and started looking woeful last night, and one has now just started not eating and is looking woeful.

why couldn't they have doen it 24 hours before, or 24 hours after.

What they playing at. :(

Just needed a rant.

Pulling a sickie to avoid Easter bunny duties?!?

I joke - Hector's unwell too. It's rotten when this happens over a holiday. Sending nose rubs. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always a weekend or a holiday. :( I'm sorry your dear ones are feeling poorly. Sending them healing vibes and some ((((hugs)))) for you. xxxx

I know the feeling. Mr B may to have to go the vets tomorrow. He hid under the wardrobe all afternoon and evening last night. Did the same thing Easter 2 years ago. Exactly the same symptoms. Luckily I can finally hear him eating hay.

Hope your two bounce back by tomorrow. xxx

Thanks guys.

This has upset me disporportionately. I think that's because I'm 'wobbly' anyway at the moment, but, more than that, I don't feel I have the great vet backup that I used to. Which makes me feel like I'm failing them. It also makes me reluctant to seek help unless I really need it (although I obviously always operate under previosuly given instructions from my reliable vet). I have considered what I should be doing for them all and what is best, including rehoming. I'm trying to find another vet practice, but I'm not sure there is one better.

Thanks guys.

This has upset me disporportionately. I think that's because I'm 'wobbly' anyway at the moment, but, more than that, I don't feel I have the great vet backup that I used to. Which makes me feel like I'm failing them. It also makes me reluctant to seek help unless I really need it (although I obviously always operate under previosuly given instructions from my reliable vet). I have considered what I should be doing for them all and what is best, including rehoming. I'm trying to find another vet practice, but I'm not sure there is one better.

Vets can be like gold dust in certain areas. I am 100% sure your rabbits are in the best hands in your care. We cannot do much when they get ill but we can keep them comfortable, warm and well loved. You are not failing them you are having a loss of confidence. You have brilliant medical knowledge and I am sure your buns wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

:(

How far are you from Braintree, is it too far? The new vets4pets there is open 7 days a week (closed Easter sun - one of only 3 days a year it's shut!) and the owner Sam is great with bunnies...and there's a new vet starting in the next few weeks too who Sam says is great with the smaller furries too.

Hugs, hope everything is ok x x

Really sorry :(

I have good rabbit savvy vets in Colchester and Littler Clacton if that's any use? :?

Back