• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Got Nibbles a New Friend

tonibun

Wise Old Thumper
Nibbles lost his friend Elinore a few weeks ago and I tried bonding him with Laurel but she is too feisty for him (he's very timid with other rabbits). Anyway a few weeks ago there was a spayed female rabbit advertised but I didn't enquire at that time then she was readvertised a couple of days ago so obviously they were still looking for a home so I rang them. She has always been on her own, in a 4' guinea hutch with a 3' square "run". They had a decent garden but didn' let her out as they were afraid she would disappear through the gaps in the fencing. With their garden they could have made a lovely set up for 2 rabbits but the chap said the children want a dog etc etc.

She is identical in colour to Nibbles very healthy looking if a tad overweight and spayed! So they have been together for over 3 hours now in my big shed and although Nibbles has run away every time she approaches too close there has been no fighting, no fur pulling or anything really. They have lots of hidey-holes etc so fingers crossed it will be a success.

They were asking £30 but as I didn't want the hutch or run they said you can have the rabbit for nothing as it was the hutch and run we were asking £30 for.:roll:

Nibbles and his new friend are getting on really well. She is a bit bigger than him and I was a bit anxious in case she got funny with him but nothing at all has happened. Nibbles is such a sweety, he wouldn't start anything and they sit nose to nose a lot. They sleep about a foot away on the other side of the window so I would hear any falling outs but I haven't heard them at all at night. She's a bit overweight and seems to eat in small doses unlike all the others who eat it all in one sitting. I am going to take her to see the Vet next week when Caroline comes back just to have a look at her teeth. The home she came from was a straw instead of hay home ;) and she was in a 4' x 15" hutch, with a 3' x 3' run. They could have done a lot better for her as they had a nice sized garden and the reason they had her spayed was had gnawed through 2 hutches! She started life as Mr Tickle but upon neuter became Mrs Tickle so I would like to find a new name for her. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Back