• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

U/D Mr Bennett has come out but still not right. Possible dental needed again.

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
Nothing is tempting him out. He hasn't really eaten this afternoon. I checked back on my previous threads and his last dental was the 11th of March.

Last edited:
Oh dear :( I hope he is just searching for Narnia and it's not dental. :(
That's not hardly three weeks, is it? :( Poor Mr. B and poor you. (((((((Hugs)))))

Oh dear :( I hope he is just searching for Narnia and it's not dental. :(
That's not hardly three weeks, is it? :( Poor Mr. B and poor you. (((((((Hugs)))))

Its a month now. He did seem a bit funny a few hours ago. I am going to have to try and force him out.

Come on Mr. B out you come!!!! One bunny staying with me is very tempted by.........dried prunes!!!!:shock::shock: He will virtually do anything for a dried prune!!!!

Any rich tea or digestive biscuits to hand?

We can't get him out. :( Its a five door built in wardrobe with a 9 inch gap at the back so if you put the broom under there he jumps over it. I threw a crunchie under there and he is eating it so that is something. Going to have to leave it to him to come out on his own as trying to force him out is stressing him.

I wish they were like cats and you could just wave one of their toys around until they shoot out to grab it. :(
Come on Mr. B. You're worrying mum. If you need help you'll have to come out to get it.

I wish they were like cats and you could just wave one of their toys around until they shoot out to grab it. :(
Come on Mr. B. You're worrying mum. If you need help you'll have to come out to get it.

I can hear him shifting about but he has been under there for about 5 hours. He does go under there to sleep after 11 pm ish but not to miss his evening meal.

Sorry for updating late. He did come out in the early hours when it was still dark and had some pellets. When I put the lights off he went back under, which he normally would do. Mr Bennett goes under the wardrobe when we go to bed and only when the lights are off.

He is currently sitting on favourite spot near the door but he still isn't right. He is eating small amounts but my guess is dental. I hope we can get an appointment tomorrow, if not at least some new meds to tide him over until Tuesday. As far as I know we don't have the same emergency vets anymore but the new one isn't much better with rabbits either. I will have to check who they are. Obviously if things got worse we would have no choice, it just my lack of confidence with the last lot of emergency.

It was exactly the Easter weekend two years ago when I was in Oz that Mr B had to be rushed in and stay for 3 nights. I was dental.

I am sure they will fit Mr B in tomorrow if he is still not right. Why oh why do Rabbits always choose a Bank Holiday Weekend to develop a problem.

I am sure they will fit Mr B in tomorrow if he is still not right. Why oh why do Rabbits always choose a Bank Holiday Weekend to develop a problem.

I am sure they will, but not sure if they can do dentals on the weekend. Its usually been Mr B and Cutie-pie at the emergency vets on the weekend and we end up taking them to C or Wendy on Monday.

This will be bad news though, 4 weeks between a dental will be the shortest period between dentals.

I hope they can get him sorted today. If not, gut stimulants and a decent dose of metacam everyday should tide him over till Tuesday. Might want to get some recovery food too.

Hope he has perked up today.

Back