• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

"""UPDATE""" Stray Pet Bunny Found - AGAIN!!!!

CazandCo

Alpha Buck
Hi there,

Remember how I came to getting George 18 months ago? He was found by my friend hopping round her back garden. I had a phone call this afternoon, Caz you'll never guess what... another bunny is in my garden. She ushered him into the greenhouse until i got there. He is in a rough way, bless him. His eye is oozing stickiness, he is matted around his bum, needs his nails trimming and seems to have been bitten on the ear (although thankfully it isn't infected).

He has been to the vets already, she gave him a thorough check over. He has some fucithalmic cream for his eye, and orders for a good groom. I don't mind paying for the treatment but I cannot really take another bunny on. My OH is already annoyed that I went to help him and paid out money for the vets but I cannot leave him lonely and poorly.

Here he is - ( I have given him a temp name of Strider)

Last edited:
Oh no poor thing, well done for helping him. I hope you find somewhere for him to stay

Awwwwww, His eye looks nasty in the first pic. Bless you for helping him! :thumb::love:

Bunnies seem to find you... :shock::lol:

I think he's gorgeous. :love::love:

Thank you, I seem to have earned the title crazy bunny mummy for good now ha ha. Perhaps in a week or so I can get him booked in for his plums removing, at least he will be sorted then for wherever he ends up living.

My OH did suggest earlier on that perhaps its the same house who owned George who have let Strider 'escape'. He says that the people might have bought a cute little bunny, after a year or so get bored because its grown up and let it go into the wild. Its been about 16 months since I took George on, and not that long later another bunny has been abandoned.

His poor eye!

So kind of you to pay his vet bills, we all know how expensive they are! :shock:

He seems very sweet!:love:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Well done for helping him. I have found 3 strays, two I managed to find their real homes, just a few houses away, but one bunny I found on the edge of a dual carriageway. I couldn't find her owners and luckily I was in a position where I could keep her. I know your not in that position, but I truly feel that that little bun found his way to you because he needed your help, just like my little bun did. There are probably a thousand gardens he could have ended up in, but he ended up in the garden of your friend, and made his way to you. I'm not saying you need to keep him, just that right now he needs your help and it sounds like your going more than the extra mile for him.
Well done, crazy bunny mummy :thumb:

Wonderful you helped him. You are truly a lovely person with a good soul. Hope something can be sorted for this little guy as its not his fault that some humans are horrible. Sending healing vibes x

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0100 using Tapatalk

:wave: Would you consider contacting your local RSPCA to see if they would take him in?

ETA He looks in a really bad way: well done for helping him.

Update!!!!

Just got an update, the power of facebook never ceases to amaze me. I put a lost advert up and asked my friends in that area to share it, this morning I have an email from his real owner.
He is called Peter, he went missing on Monday from the other end of the road to where he was found. His owner has said she will pay me back for the vet bills. He seems so much more settled this morning, got a cheeky binky and a lick. He has a funny cheeky character :love::love:

Will you ask the found owner that the bunny has eye problems and making sure he isnt being neglectful ?

Will you ask the found owner that the bunny has eye problems and making sure he isnt being neglectful ?

I mentioned that he has drops to treat the infected eye, apparently her vet said he is 'just one of those bunnies' who is prone to eye problems. I will be very thorough before I am happy to leave him there. I will also leave her my number so if she needs any help etc I can at least help if needed.

I mentioned that he has drops to treat the infected eye, apparently her vet said he is 'just one of those bunnies' who is prone to eye problems. I will be very thorough before I am happy to leave him there. I will also leave her my number so if she needs any help etc I can at least help if needed.

And possibly suggest she changes vets?

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

Back