• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Okay, i'm looking for a new friend for Biscuit but need some help.

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
He's now beginning to show signs of being lonely.

I'm not rushing this, I need to get the right feeling, the right situation and everything to be 'just so'.

Requirements (sorry if this is a bit business like);

• Female
  • Spayed
  • Vaccinated
  • Laid back ish
  • Aged 2-4
  • House bunny
  • Well litter trained

I'm not fussed on breed, uppy or loppy again, not fussed (unless someone can tell me a dwarf lop who has never seen an uppy eared bunny may have an issue with it?)

My issue is, distance. If things don't work, I cannot have another single bunny, I just can't do it. It's not right for the bunnies, or my family. I'm in Somerset, if anyone has any fosters, knows of any rescues etc round my area, or in fairly local locality, I don't mind driving a little to get the right bunny.

Please post anyone who may have suggestions, or even rescues who have suitable bunnies perhaps.

Need to get into the right frame of mind for this.

You could ask at West Hatch RSPCA? Not sure if they have any single buns though.
Binkyhelper is in Gloucester, not sure how old the female that was there when I visited though.
Have you looked at the rescues on the rabbit rehome website?

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
http://cottontails-rescue.org.uk/rabbits-for-adoption/

I really like this rescue. All clean and well fed with things to do. Mairwen who runs it is really friendly and helpful.

I recently adopted two belgian hares from them. They have a few single does atm including a lovely little chocolate coloured mini rex.

Malibu - 1 year old female lionhead - SURREY. She is on rabbits in need on here. She seems quite wonderful.

I think its really helpful to make a list of requirements. I wish you the best of luck. She will be a very lucky rabbit, not just with great rabbit (and human) company but also a lovely living space.

I'll check if we have anybun that might be suitable.
Windwhistle is just outside Gloucester so not too far.
If the bond didn't work the bunny would come back to us.

I'll check if we have anybun that might be suitable.
Windwhistle is just outside Gloucester so not too far.
If the bond didn't work the bunny would come back to us.

I can recommend Windwhistle for the place to find and adopt wonderful bunnies and guinea pigs.

Both Alice, Sally (The Sunny Bunnies) and the team of volunteers do a fantastic job.

Although I can't be of any help in finding a companion for Biccy I just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you all and I do hope you'll find that just right bunny, Gray. :) xxxx

:wave: I would really recommend Windwhistle Warren near Gloucester. Alice has over fifty bunnies of all ages and she is a very experienced bonder. She would not hesitate to have the bunny back if there was a serious falling out.

I have visited Alice on a number of occasions and have adopted two rabbits from her to bond with my Norris (who sadly passed away last week aged over nine). I am due to visit to see if Nutmeg (his bereaved doe) takes a shine to a rather handsome silver fox named Humphrey.

Whereabouts in Somerset are you based?

p.s. don't be put off by the Windwhistle webpages or rabbit rehome. They show only a tiny fraction of the rabbits available for adoption (in general the most difficult to rehome). If you were to e-mail Alice your requirements she would match you to an animal and she knows the temperament of each of the rabbits in her care.

Last edited:
Back