• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Something living under the rabbit house?

sierra*323

Mama Doe
I'm convinced there is something living under the playhouse.

A few weeks ago I thought I heard a scratching noise but dismissed it. Now my cat has suddenly become really interested in the space underneath it, so I took the piece of wood I have blocking the front (for when the rabbits are out) off to have a look.

I can't see anything, but the ground is full of stones, as is they've been dug up.

It's a bit weird, any ideas? We're actually moving the playhouse on Sunday anyway, not sure what we're going to find underneath, if anything. The rabbits have shown no interest whatsoever.

If its been digging & there are small holes I would say rats. They tunnel under sheds and can cause quite a bit of damage knawing through wood if they wanted. Lets hope ur cat will be able to sort the problem out for u

I hope not... Can't see any tunnels but the gap I have to look through is only a few inches. I thought it looked like it had been dug because the stones were piled against the piece of wood I removed.

The playhouse is right next to the shed so I suppose it is possible...

I assume that as the buns aren't fussed it can't be anything they see as a threat?

Probably mice, I've seen some before now in my garden, one was always around my tool shed which I've just moved as it was falling down, and all the stones underneath/behind there had been dug too. I once planted carrots only for the tiny sprouts to disappear and a little burrow to appear in the soil :lol: They don't bother me.

They don't bother me either, unless they harm the bunnies or their house!

Wouldn't want to present anything to the cat either really, but if they are there and she finds them I'm sure she will do what's natural! :(

They don't bother me either, unless they harm the bunnies or their house!

Wouldn't want to present anything to the cat either really, but if they are there and she finds them I'm sure she will do what's natural! :(

That's what I think, as long as there's no damage caused or harm to the rabbits then I'll leave them be. I once caught one stealing stuff from the bird feeders, I think they only come to see what they can get!

If you've heard scratching then it sounds like probable rats to me. I'd keep an eye on it just incase because your garden could be very quickly over-run with them, especially at this time of year.

We moved our Wendy house last summer to a shady part of the garden and there was a dead rat and a nest underneath. He had been poisoned as there was evidence of the pellets in the nest. I was just thankful he hasn't dropped them in the garden where the bunnies could have eaten them!!!

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Eeek! It's forecast to rain on Sunday now but I need to convince my dad and OH to move it anyway as I'm convinced there's something there...

Back