• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pro C probiotic powder

bunkin

Warren Veteran
Vet suggeted I add a probiotic to buns food to see if it helps stop his intermittent gas attacks. He won't touch water if you put anything in it and pro c probiotic was recommended for daily use. The instructions say one scoop to300g of food and a scoop weighs 3g which means for his 10g of food I would need to use 0.3g!!! I doubt anyone has anything that can weight this small, my digital kitchen scales go down to 1 g only.
I am adding a tiny pinch to his dried food daily but wondered if anyone has any bright ideas for me:thumb:

A pinch is fine :thumb: and if over the food means he eats it, then that's fine too :thumb:

Mixing it into some dandelion salad or anything he loves to eat will work too.

I always wash a cabbage leaf and sprinkle onto that while it's wet but veg isn't going to help you with the gas problem.

thanks both. He can't eat any fresh veg at all or he has constant gas attacks so he is on science selective and naturals summerfield dried flowers and leaves and unlimited hay and he goes months between attacks as long as we stick to only these foods. I tried him with pro fibre pellets and he refused point blank to eat them :lol::roll:

I just needed confirmation that a pinch a day was okay as I didn't know anyone else using this.

Will stick to the pinch over his dried flowers and leaves.

Thats the one with the little blue spoon isn't it?

I use a whole scoop a time, mixed into his mushed up pellets :)

Thats the one with the little blue spoon isn't it?

I use a whole scoop a time, mixed into his mushed up pellets :)

Yes it is the one with the blue spoon thing. Mine think they are treats and go mad to get them :roll:

I have not used the probiotic powder so cant advise on amount sorry. Just thought the pro-fibre may have been an alternative (sometimes they just need to get a taste for them ;) )

Back