• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeling like a wally for my bunnies...

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Is it just me who often looks like a crazy woman all for the love of the bunnies?! :lol: I always feel enough of a wally getting all my forage, but I've just gone and got a fallen tree that's been outside my garden for ages. Had my eye on it and the gardeners haven't taken it so I just decided to get it... So there I am trying to figure out if I can get it, had to lift it and push it over the other way as it was still a bit stuck, then I noticed a neighbour sat in her front garden :oops: another neighbour came out and a visitor for one of them! I just thought well I've been seen now, no going back so I got hold of the tree and lifted it over my 6ft fence :lol: It's a LOT bigger than I thought :lol: About 12ft :shock: Even though it's only a young tree. Think it will need quite a bit of chopping down :lol: but it will make something amazing in the new run :D
The other day I embarrassed not just myself but also my mum and sister as we went out to a woods and I found a branch that stands up in an arch shape and insisted it was amazing and had to bring it home :lol:

You definitely aren't alone. I spent ages in the garden centre sniffing at the hay, that earned me a few strange looks!
I also get a few weird looks when I'm consulting my phone when buying veggies for the buns :lol:
My friends think I'm nuts because I search the free ads on Gumtree just in case there's something that the bunnies can use :lol:

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

You definitely aren't alone. I spent ages in the garden centre sniffing at the hay, that earned me a few strange looks!
I also get a few weird looks when I'm consulting my phone when buying veggies for the buns :lol:
My friends think I'm nuts because I search the free ads on Gumtree just in case there's something that the bunnies can use :lol:

I can't go anywhere now without seeing loads of things that I think 'ooh the bunnies would love that!' 'What a great log that would be for them' etc :lol: I also currently have a chimney in my car for them :roll: that I picked up yesterday but have no one to help me get it out til tomorrow :roll: I'm too embarrassed to ask a neighbour to help :oops:

I can't go anywhere now without seeing loads of things that I think 'ooh the bunnies would love that!' 'What a great log that would be for them' etc :lol: I also currently have a chimney in my car for them :roll: that I picked up yesterday but have no one to help me get it out til tomorrow :roll: I'm too embarrassed to ask a neighbour to help :oops:

Hahaha I'm the same. I go shopping, and come back with loads of them!
I found a Moses basket on Gumtree for free, got so excited, but it was gone by the time I'd text the girl :(
Gumtree freebies has some brilliant stuff (Y)
I'd ask my neighbour's for help :p they know I'm not normal though :lol: every evening they leave their daily newspapers outside my door :lol: and the ones on my landing actually bring me the veggies that they aren't going to eat :lol:

Hahaha I'm the same. I go shopping, and come back with loads of them!
I found a Moses basket on Gumtree for free, got so excited, but it was gone by the time I'd text the girl :(
Gumtree freebies has some brilliant stuff (Y)
I'd ask my neighbour's for help :p they know I'm not normal though :lol: every evening they leave their daily newspapers outside my door :lol: and the ones on my landing actually bring me the veggies that they aren't going to eat :lol:

I thought if I see any of them out looking like they're not too busy I'll ask but feel a bit cheeky knocking on the door! Don't really speak more than to say hello and general niceties!

I'd provably sit out there waiting for them to come out :lol:
My neighbours seem pretty good with helping, they help me carry my shopping up etc if they see me. Probably because they're big strong capable men, and I'm like the damsel in destress of our floor because I'm 23 single and living alone :lol: :lol:

I always look like a bit of a nutter out collecting forage for the bunnies. Bags full of various plants and twigs. I dont care though, theyre the ones missing out on the awesomeness that is bunnies.

I do that all the time! :lol:

I always look like a bit of a nutter out collecting forage for the bunnies. Bags full of various plants and twigs. I dont care though, theyre the ones missing out on the awesomeness that is bunnies.

I know what you mean, I feel a bit daft but then I feel proud that I've got 4 gorgeous happy bunnies that are living a great life because of things like that which I go to the effort of doing for them. I love to see how excited they get when I bring them lots of lovely forage for their breakfast :love:

Whenever I see wooden/wicker furniture, or anything else for humans but would be quite tasty to bunnies, I always say to my mum 'Amy would love to chew that'. They will destroy all the nice things you have, then look at you oh so innocently.

Whenever I see wooden/wicker furniture, or anything else for humans but would be quite tasty to bunnies, I always say to my mum 'Amy would love to chew that'. They will destroy all the nice things you have, then look at you oh so innocently.

I just walked past a furniture shop and he had a wicker chair (like conservatory furniture) and was selling for £10...I had to resist :lol:

I seen a man collecting forage out the back of our house yesterday, but it's a bit far to shout 'oh do you have a bunny?' but I really wanted to!

I pick a couple of carrier bags of grass every day for my rabbits/guinea pigs. It really saves on veg and hay (mind you they still have loads of both those)!

I love watching them eat grass x

I get very excited by wood, wicker and dandelions!!!

We are very very lucky to have such great animals in our lives.

I do sometimes feel like a bit of a weirdo when foraging though ...

This thread is hilarious! :lol: :D I must admit I do some of these things too!

But if doing things for animals you love isn't normal, who wants to be normal?!

:D

Is it just me who often looks like a crazy woman all for the love of the bunnies?! :lol: I always feel enough of a wally getting all my forage, but I've just gone and got a fallen tree that's been outside my garden for ages. Had my eye on it and the gardeners haven't taken it so I just decided to get it... So there I am trying to figure out if I can get it, had to lift it and push it over the other way as it was still a bit stuck, then I noticed a neighbour sat in her front garden :oops: another neighbour came out and a visitor for one of them! I just thought well I've been seen now, no going back so I got hold of the tree and lifted it over my 6ft fence :lol: It's a LOT bigger than I thought :lol: About 12ft :shock: Even though it's only a young tree. Think it will need quite a bit of chopping down :lol: but it will make something amazing in the new run :D
The other day I embarrassed not just myself but also my mum and sister as we went out to a woods and I found a branch that stands up in an arch shape and insisted it was amazing and had to bring it home :lol:

No - I came home with a boot full of cut up tree once :lol: for the buns to sit on in the runs.

Nothing compares to the weight of your hutches of course :lol:

I turned up to the garage to take my car in over night. They said they'd give me a courtesy car. I checked my boot just in case to find a bin bag of willow sticks my mum had given me the night before.... I seriously walked into a well known German car dealership with a bin liner of twigs to put into their loan car.... :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been using google to print plant/bush/tree lists suitable for the bunnies. My friend is helping me to tackle the garden and said i am the first to plan my garden by the bunnies. I just said i would rather they be able to free roam and not have to worry about them chewing anything harmful :D

No - I came home with a boot full of cut up tree once :lol: for the buns to sit on in the runs.

Nothing compares to the weight of your hutches of course :lol:

Haha yes I forgot about that embarrassment too having to help get those over the fence with an old man and a 12 yr old :lol: Have u got them 'up and running' so to speak? Would love to see some pics :) Feel like it's an animal I've rehomed, I want to see how they're getting on in their new home :lol:

Today my sister is coming so she's going to help me get the chimney out of my car and into the back garden... Cue more embarrassment :lol:

Back