• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What rabbit breeds would you like?

tabithakat64

Mama Doe
When I was originally researching rabbits/rabbit breeds before I got the girls I had a list of breeds I wanted

Lionhead (which is what the girls are although they're crossed with something else too)

Dutch (I've always thought they were beautiful and they are meant to make super pets)
Mini lop (they're so cute and in the main seem friendly)

Since being on this forum, I've seen/read lots about Belgian Hares too.

What breeds do you want?

When I was originally researching rabbits/rabbit breeds before I got the girls I had a list of breeds I wanted

Lionhead (which is what the girls are although they're crossed with something else too)

Dutch (I've always thought they were beautiful and they are meant to make super pets)
Mini lop (they're so cute and in the main seem friendly)

Since being on this forum, I've seen/read lots about Belgian Hares too.

What breeds do you want?

I love Rex's and Belgian hares, but would only ever rescue, and think I would just help whoever needed a home the most rather than hold out for a particular breed of bunny

I would really love a Thrianta. :love:

I will never have one though as I'll always choose rescue bunnies and go for the ones that I know get overlooked.

I've always wanted some 'wild' looking rabbits - agouti and petite :love: and would really love some nethies too one day.

I would really love a Thrianta. :love:

I will never have one though as I'll always choose rescue bunnies and go for the ones that I know get overlooked.

Same to both comments!!! Thriantas seem to be very rare so they'll never be in rescue I reckon

I also love giants of any kind!! I'd love a ginger giant! That would be my dream :lol: it depends though as giants come in and out of "fashion" so if they are not so popular there may be a few long-timers in rescue, but if I come to adopt and there are none in I'd just go with any bunny who has been in a long time! Although I'd like a giant I'm not that fussy!

Basically all :lol:
I'd love a nethie or two some day, and I'll definitely have a conti/flemish/british giant at some stage. Yellow dutchies are gorgeous, and I wish I'd had the tri-coloured snuggly rex I met at the RSPCA. I saw a lionhead/giant cross recently and he was a huge wild-maned thing, if I wasn't set on another frenchie at that stage I'd have snapped him up too!

I don't plan on having rabbits for all that long though so I'm not sure how far I'll get with my "hit list" :lol:

I love the lops, and I particularly like the sooty fawn? (brown with greyish around the bottom edge of the bunny) colour. Im also hooked on pure white and pure black bunnies of any sort.

I'd love a nethie or two some day, and I'll definitely have a conti/flemish/british giant at some stage. Yellow dutchies are gorgeous, and I wish I'd had the tri-coloured snuggly rex I met at the RSPCA. I saw a lionhead/giant cross recently and he was a huge wild-maned thing, if I wasn't set on another frenchie at that stage I'd have snapped him up too!

I don't plan on having rabbits for all that long though so I'm not sure how far I'll get with my "hit list" :lol:

Definitely love those giants! Also Belgian hares and rexes (black ones :love:).

Pretty sure I also won't own all of them! :lol:

I have a big soft spot for Lionheads -such fiesty, stroppy, independant little things (will mine is anyway :lol:). But then again I love lops - I think of them as the labradours of bunnies - funny, daft, friendly creatures with a tendancy to mug humans for any type of food:lol:.

Would also LOVE to have a giant.

But as bunnies seems to find their own way into our home - who knows what breed I might fall in love with next.:thumb:

Dutch. I just love their coat patterns, so cutely dapper, I've wanted one for ages.
Dwarf Hotot. They are so pretty, they look like they're wearing eyeliner, and so wee and sweet.
Mini Lop. They look like babies all their lives, I could carry one in my pocket.
I do love nethies, but I'm not too fond of the shorter ears.

There's probably more, but I mostly just love each rabbits personalities more than anything else.

I love the look of Tans. Also Thriantas. I love agouti rabbits, like Monty, Arlo and Ted on RIN :)love:). I would like a dutch or two and a harliquin marked rabbit. I also love black rabbits. Not so much breeds as looks.

I have recently realised my dream of having belgian hares and now have two that came from Cottontails rescue in Wiltshire.

I have five lionhead x and a minilop. Both breeds that I love. A rex or two would be wonderful as well. I have often wondered about the feel of that lovely velvet coat.

Id love a Nethie :D A black otter one or a Mini Lop! Maybe one day I will be rich and can have one of each breed and one of everything in between all bonded in a indoor school type sized set up! It would be amazing :D

I'm very happy with those I already have, ie French Lops and Giants. I no longer look at other breeds now!

Rex (Standard & Mini) and Dutch.

I love uppy ears ;) I have 3 Mini Rex and 1 Dutch :love:
I would love to have some Standard Rex 1 day :love:

A GIANT LIONHEAD OMG that sounds like my dream bun :love: :love:

I have a soft spot for black rabbits but I have never been interested in breeds of anything. Cross breed animals are one of a kind, making them all the more special.

I like seeing wild bunnies and would love a house near some of those and I miss having a larger rabbit to cuddle (my two are tiny lionhead crosses).

Back