PDA

View Full Version : Bristol "hopper group" UPDATED!

Willowsmum
16-04-2014, 08:35 AM
:wave:

Are you a member of the RWA?? :thumb:

Do you live in Bristol or surrounding or can travel to Bristol?? :wave:

Would you like to meet up with like minded bunny people ?? :lol:;)

Maybe help fundraiser for local rabbit charities?? :thumb:
Then join the Bristol RWA hopper group! This is a new hopper group, we are looking for bunny crazed people to join ;)

Are you interested? (Please say you are!) then reply to the thread (keeps it's bumped too ;)) and I can send you a link to join. When we have more people on board we can start meeting and planning.......we are looking forward to meeting you ......it will be bunderful (see what I did there!) :thumb:

Also if you still have the winter 13 hop it magazine there is an article in there about hopper groups that are already up and running :love:

sun_city_girl
16-04-2014, 09:16 AM
I would join but need to renew my rwaf membership first...maybe pm me the link and it will prompt me to renew!

GrahamL
16-04-2014, 09:18 AM
Can't justify spending money on an RWAF membership unfortunately.

Shame that hopper groups are limited to RWAF members, kind of creates a 'we're better than you' situation that could make people feel left out...

tulsi
16-04-2014, 12:23 PM
Wish it was nearer me ...

Willowsmum
16-04-2014, 03:02 PM

Shame that hopper groups are limited to RWAF members, kind of creates a 'we're better than you' situation that could make people feel left out...

Thank you for putting a positive spin on this

Wish it was nearer me ...

I wish it was too :wave:

Willowsmum
16-04-2014, 03:04 PM
I would join but need to renew my rwaf membership first...maybe pm me the link and it will prompt me to renew!

Excellent :wave:

http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/join/

GrahamL
16-04-2014, 03:11 PM
Thank you for putting a positive spin on this

I wish it was too :wave:

I'd love to meet up with like minded people, chat about stuff etc... but i'm not allowed, because I don't have the money for an RWAF membership...

Willowsmum
16-04-2014, 03:22 PM
I'd love to meet up with like minded people, chat about stuff etc... but i'm not allowed, because I don't have the money for an RWAF membership...

Then contact the RWA .:wave:....I'm trying to set up a new group, I've been given this daunting task!

The RWA don't money make ......it all goes towards rabbit welfare :wave:

Dippy_Danni
16-04-2014, 09:02 PM
:thumb:
I'm joining.

Willowsmum
16-04-2014, 10:44 PM
I'm joining.

Yaaaaaay!!! :thumb::thumb:

Anyone else??? :wave:

*Funny*Bunny*
16-04-2014, 10:45 PM
I lived in Bristol for 3 years :( but not anymore otherwise I would have definitely have joined :(

Willowsmum
16-04-2014, 10:58 PM
I lived in Bristol for 3 years :( but not anymore otherwise I would have definitely have joined :(

What a shame :( we would have loved to have you in our group :wave::wave:

Dippy_Danni
16-04-2014, 11:07 PM
*Funny*Bunny* is on my doorstep ;) (solihull)

*Funny*Bunny*
16-04-2014, 11:22 PM
What a shame :( we would have loved to have you in our group :wave::wave:

Awh thanks :) I would have definitely have joined if I were still living in Bristol!

*Funny*Bunny* is on my doorstep ;) (solihull)

Yep! Just down the Birmingham road, I reckon 20mins :p I've been to Solihull once before to go to Touchwood, I couldn't stop giggling at the name :oops: I told a friend who'd grown up in Solihull and he said he'd not even thought of the slightly rude connotation, even when it was being built and first named, I think I was having a dirty mind day! :lol:

Rabcat
17-04-2014, 12:13 AM
Yep! Just down the Birmingham road, I reckon 20mins :p I've been to Solihull once before to go to Touchwood, I couldn't stop giggling at the name :oops: I told a friend who'd grown up in Solihull and he said he'd not even thought of the slightly rude connotation, even when it was being built and first named, I think I was having a dirty mind day! :lol:

Tsk! Shame on you :lol:

I go to Touchwood loads. I live near Birmingham airport so it's not far from me and my OH's parents live in Coventry so I go there too.

I'd have joined if Bristol was nearer :D

Willowsmum
17-04-2014, 06:32 AM
Come on bristolians :lol:

Where are you.........

Willowsmum
17-04-2014, 04:58 PM
Keeping this bumped :wave:

Amy104
17-04-2014, 05:15 PM
I tried to set one up when I joined but sadly didn't get any interest so not sure how many members are this way. But definately count me in.

dumblepaws
17-04-2014, 05:28 PM
There's a newly set up one in Sheffield too - if anyone wants details please pm me

catherine09
17-04-2014, 05:33 PM

The way I see it, you pay mainly for Rabbiting On, which is a fab magazine. I don't think 20 is much anyway :wave:

Willowsmum
17-04-2014, 06:01 PM
I tried to set one up when I joined but sadly didn't get any interest so not sure how many members are this way. But definately count me in.

Yes Amy we are poorly represented here in bristol!

Anyway, good to have you on board :thumb: looking forward to meeting you all :wave:

Willowsmum
17-04-2014, 06:01 PM
There's a newly set up one in Sheffield too - if anyone wants details please pm me

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Willowsmum
17-04-2014, 06:02 PM
The way I see it, you pay mainly for Rabbiting On, which is a fab magazine. I don't think 20 is much anyway :wave:

Excellent positive post :thumb::wave:

halon
17-04-2014, 08:00 PM
I'm not sure I'll have time for fundraising, but I'd like to join the group.

This thread might get more interest if it was in Rabbit Chat. I don't usually login so I don't read General Chat.

elmoandfern
17-04-2014, 08:13 PM
i've joined!! :wave::wave::wave:

Willowsmum
17-04-2014, 10:41 PM
I'm not sure I'll have time for fundraising, but I'd like to join the group.

This thread might get more interest if it was in Rabbit Chat. I don't usually login so I don't read General Chat.

Your welcome to join regardless :wave:

On our first meeting we can discuss what we all want the group to be :thumb: it may be that no one wants to fundraiser.......which is fine :wave:

Willowsmum
17-04-2014, 10:41 PM
i've joined!! :wave::wave::wave:

:thumb::thumb:

Willowsmum
18-04-2014, 10:11 PM
Bump:wave:

tashp90
18-04-2014, 10:12 PM
Tempted..not that I have any idea what it is :lol:

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

Willowsmum
19-04-2014, 09:48 AM
Tempted..not that I have any idea what it is :lol:

Excellent!

It's just a group of bunny crazed like minded peeps meeting every now again for chat/shared advice/cakes (yum!) and maybe to plan fundraising for local bunny charities?

On the first meeting we can all say what we expect and want from the hopper group :thumb:

Willowsmum
19-04-2014, 05:11 PM
I was thinking if anyone wants more information on hopper groups and what they are then I can photocopy the article that was in hop it magazine (which is where I originally heard about it :thumb:) and post it to you :wave:

Just PM me and let me have your address and I'll get right on it :D

Willowsmum
24-04-2014, 10:22 AM
Bumping again :wave:

Dippy_Danni
24-04-2014, 11:20 PM
I'm joining.

I've Joined!! :mrgreen:

Willowsmum
24-04-2014, 11:33 PM
I've Joined!! :mrgreen:

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Willowsmum
05-05-2014, 10:57 PM
Bump bump:wave:

tashp90
05-05-2014, 11:06 PM
I'll join when I get paid. Can you inbox me with what I need to do please :lol:

Mrs. Bunnykins
05-05-2014, 11:08 PM

How about just meeting up with other bunny lovers near you and having a picnic on the beach near you? Joshua would love it....I know I would.

I'm looking for somewhere to go for my holiday later on in the year......I could B and B near you and combine my holiday with meeting other bunny lovers. Perfect!!!:thumb:

Willowsmum, I'm a RWA member and have been since 2002. I'd love to go to a Hopper meeting near you, but just don't have the time or finances right now.:(

Best of luck with your meetings.:thumb:

tashp90
05-05-2014, 11:09 PM
How about just meeting up with other bunny lovers near you and having a picnic on the beach near you? Joshua would love it....I know I would.

I'm looking for somewhere to go for my holiday later on in the year......I could B and B near you and combine my holiday with meeting other bunny lovers. Perfect!!!:thumb:

I'd be up for picnics with Joshua :D :wave: you too Graham, but mostly your gorgeous son ;)

Definitely come down here Mrs B! It's a beautiful part of the country, and lots of beaches :D

Mrs. Bunnykins
05-05-2014, 11:14 PM
I'd be up for picnics with Joshua :D :wave: you too Graham, but mostly your gorgeous son ;)

Definitely come down here Mrs B! It's a beautiful part of the country, and lots of beaches :D

Tempting.......I'll have a think. Quite happy to stop in a B @ B, pub accommodation or guest house. Criteria required.....warm, comfy, good food, log fire(s) as my holiday will probably be later on in the year, real ale, wonderful scenery and ......most important good, friendly people.

iggyperdyandme
05-05-2014, 11:14 PM
I live close to bath and Bristol isn't too far away by train. It would be nice to meet some more people (I moved here last year) and I love talking about rabbits.

Would need to wait till payday on 18th to join though. Can you tell me what I would need to do too please?

tashp90
05-05-2014, 11:16 PM
Tempting.......I'll have a think. Quite happy to stop in a B @ B, pub accommodation or guest house. Criteria required.....warm, comfy, good food, log fire(s) as my holiday will probably be later on in the year, real ale, wonderful scenery and ......most important good, friendly people.

There are plenty of places around here to fit that criteria :)

Or you could stay with us (we'll be in the house) and still have your bunny cuddles :)

Mrs. Bunnykins
05-05-2014, 11:19 PM
There are plenty of places around here to fit that criteria :)

Or you could stay with us (we'll be in the house) and still have your bunny cuddles :)

Even more tempting.:D As you know, things rather ......odd for me at the moment, but perhaps by having something enjoyable to focus on in the future could help me cope with the here and now.

Bless your kind heart. xxxx

tashp90
05-05-2014, 11:25 PM
Even more tempting.:D As you know, things rather ......odd for me at the moment, but perhaps by having something enjoyable to focus on in the future could help me cope with the here and now.

Bless your kind heart. xxxx

You're more than welcome to stay with us when we're settled :)

I'd welcome the company, the break would do you good, and the girls love Auntie Di :) xxx

Mrs. Bunnykins
05-05-2014, 11:33 PM
You're more than welcome to stay with us when we're settled :)

I'd welcome the company, the break would do you good, and the girls love Auntie Di :) xxx

:love::love:

Willowsmum
06-05-2014, 08:17 AM
Willowsmum, I'm a RWA member and have been since 2002. I'd love to go to a Hopper meeting near you, but just don't have the time or finances right now.:(

Best of luck with your meetings.:thumb:

Mrs B, what can I say :cry: I don't come on here much now (for various reasons) but I've just had a quick catch up with your situation :cry: I'm so sorry this is happening to you, I can't imagine what your going through :( it must be hell, I hope your furries are continuing to be a source of support :thumb:

I would LOVE it if you could come to our hopper meets however I completely understand, maybe in the future??? Meantime maybe we could arrange another bunny meet in your part of the world :wave: I very much enjoyed our cake filled meet last time :lol: met some wonderful people :thumb:

But I understand your life is being taken up with lots at the mo.......for now hugs from me and binkies form willow and the girls (hmmm, they sound like a band!:lol::lol:) xx

Willowsmum
06-05-2014, 08:18 AM
I'll join when I get paid. Can you inbox me with what I need to do please :lol:

I live close to bath and Bristol isn't too far away by train. It would be nice to meet some more people (I moved here last year) and I love talking about rabbits.

Would need to wait till payday on 18th to join though. Can you tell me what I would need to do too please?

Hi tashp90 and iggyperdyandme :wave::wave:

Thanks so much for your interest! Be lovely to have you both on board:thumb::wave: I'm going to inbox you both now :D

tashp90
06-05-2014, 08:27 AM
Hi tashp90 and iggyperdyandme :wave::wave:

Thanks so much for your interest! Be lovely to have you both on board:thumb::wave: I'm going to inbox you both now :D

Willowsmum
07-05-2014, 08:53 AM
Bumping for anyone else as we are going to arrange a date for our first meet soon :wave::love:

Willowsmum
14-05-2014, 05:57 PM
We have chosen our first meet day and time........so if you haven't joined but want to let me know, be BUN-derful (see what I did there! :lol:) to have you on board :wave:

tulsi
14-05-2014, 07:40 PM
Hope your meet up goes well. It would be great to see some photos when you get back.

tashp90
14-05-2014, 07:58 PM
When? Where?

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Vegan_Bunny
14-05-2014, 08:14 PM
Let us know how it goes. I, for one, would be interested.

Good luck and have a great time! :thumb:

Willowsmum
14-05-2014, 09:37 PM
Hope your meet up goes well. It would be great to see some photos when you get back.

Thanks you :wave:

Let us know how it goes. I, for one, would be interested.

Good luck and have a great time! :thumb:

Thanks :thumb: good luck arranging yours :wave: be warned it's a nightmare trying to find a date for everyone :lol:

Willowsmum
14-05-2014, 09:38 PM
When? Where?

Apologies for this, but I did you join the group space and/or Facebook page??:wave: sorry if you have it's been a busy week! :wave:

tashp90
14-05-2014, 10:50 PM
Apologies for this, but I did you join the group space and/or Facebook page??:wave: sorry if you have it's been a busy week! :wave:

I've just requested to join the fb page

Amy104
15-05-2014, 09:45 AM
So excited :D