• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lilly licked me!!!!!!

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
Seriously! She actually licked me!!!! For the first time since I got her over 2 years ago!!!!

They were asleep in their hutch and I poked my finger through the bars like I usually do, which usually prompt a dart under the finger by Harvey so his forehead is in position for a one finger head rub, and either the same by Lilly or she'll chin me :p

Today Harvey was out of it so I reached and stroked his head, he didn't wake up he was so fast asleep :lol: then I put my finger nearer Lilly, she reached forwards, chinned me then licked me 3 or 4 times :shock: I removed my finger and then did it again and she licked me again!!! Followed by delighted squeals from me!

I got on with changing their litter tray and before I finished I stuck my finger through again and she chinned and licked me 4 more times :love:

I doubt it'll happen again :lol: I know my place in the hierarchy! But I'm still delighted she did it today :D three separate times!!!!

I'm sure Harvey is sat thinking "I groomed you for 5 minutes straight earlier and what did you have to ask when I finished?! Why had I stopped!!! She does it for a few seconds and look at all that praise! I'm so under-appreciated!!! Ungrateful human!!!'

:lol: congrats!! i think i can understand the achievement you're feeling lol, neville isn't a licky/chinny bun at all. he chinned me last night and i was like YESSSSSSSSS!

Awww! :love:

I got a wet patch on my trousers last night from where Rosy was licking them. I'd had her on my lap for about ten minutes and she fell asleep, bless her :love: Typical how she does this just before she's (fingers crossed) about to be rehomed, she's not making this very easy on me :roll::(

Awww I admit I am saddened that my buns don't lick me. :( (Only had them for 5 months). Our last bun was a single house rabbit, we were his family and he was very free with his licks. But now we have two they are each other's family so we don't get a look in. I am hopeful one day...!

:lol: congrats!! i think i can understand the achievement you're feeling lol, neville isn't a licky/chinny bun at all. he chinned me last night and i was like YESSSSSSSSS!

Lilly has always been a chinner, I laugh because she's basically saying "remember, you are mine!" :lol: I still can't believe she licked me :shock: I've always been too far down in the hierarchy to be deemed worthy of getting groomed!

Awww! :love:

I got a wet patch on my trousers last night from where Rosy was licking them. I'd had her on my lap for about ten minutes and she fell asleep, bless her :love: Typical how she does this just before she's (fingers crossed) about to be rehomed, she's not making this very easy on me :roll::(

Awh how cute :love:

I didn't know she was getting rehomed :( what's happened? She sounds like she'll make whoever she goes to very happy though with all those licks!

Awww I admit I am saddened that my buns don't lick me. :( (Only had them for 5 months). Our last bun was a single house rabbit, we were his family and he was very free with his licks. But now we have two they are each other's family so we don't get a look in. I am hopeful one day...!

I'm sure they still consider you family, it's just they are the heads of the family and you are the slaves who are not worthy of licks :lol:

That is how Lilly views me :p but she still loves me even if I'm too far below her to get groomed :lol: Harvey was a licker almost from day one! I think some rabbits are just a bit more generous than others!

Lilly has always been a chinner, I laugh because she's basically saying "remember, you are mine!" :lol: I still can't believe she licked me :shock: I've always been too far down in the hierarchy to be deemed worthy of getting groomed!

Awh how cute :love:

I didn't know she was getting rehomed :( what's happened? She sounds like she'll make whoever she goes to very happy though with all those licks!

She's fallen out with Alfie and it's not in their best interests to rebond, they fight whenever they are together and Rosy always was a bully, she's more suited to a trio or quad for sure. I really don't want to rehome her but we can't afford to get her a whole new setup, husbun etc. She's going to Woodgreen when they have a space, I'm not confident enough to rehome her privately unless it was someone I know and I don't know anyone who wants a bunny that is suitable to take her. Really going to miss her :(

She's fallen out with Alfie and it's not in their best interests to rebond, they fight whenever they are together and Rosy always was a bully, she's more suited to a trio or quad for sure. I really don't want to rehome her but we can't afford to get her a whole new setup, husbun etc. She's going to Woodgreen when they have a space, I'm not confident enough to rehome her privately unless it was someone I know and I don't know anyone who wants a bunny that is suitable to take her. Really going to miss her :(

Awh that's a really sad situation :( silly bunnies! Why won't they just realise it's in their best interests to get along!

Awh that's a really sad situation :( silly bunnies! Why won't they just realise it's in their best interests to get along!

I know! Silly girl :roll: I wish more than anything I could keep her, I've owned her since she was 3 weeks old (although she came home at 8wks) and she's secretly my favourite bunny :( The worst thing is I don't know who she's going too, I know Woodgreen will find her a good home and that but I'd love if she went to someone I knew, or somewhere I could at least get updates from :( I've got to do the best for her though, she's currently indoors in a dog crate (with free range time obviously) but she's being a nightmare, I can tell she wants bunny company :( Sad times!

Aww. Marbles is a mildly licky bunny. It is such a lovely thing when they lick you isn't it? Occasionally marbles will jump on the bed when I'm going off to sleep and lick my face. I never tell my friends as it sounds pretty weird but it is just so lovely :love:

Awww, absolutely darling! Pipkin only ever licked my neck once in his life (he would lick my nose through the bars of his cage sometimes), one time when we were cuddling.

Amy, meanwhile, may well be the lickiest rabbit in the entire world. I am not kidding, she spends anywhere between five minutes and an hour licking my hands and face each day. She'll sit beside me, on my lap or even on my chest licking and grooming me. I'll be petting her and she'll twist to lick me, I put my hand in front of her face and she'll lick it. She likes licking my brother too, but strangely enough not my mother. I don't know if it's because she smokes (she licked my uncle the second time she met him, but I can't remember if he still smokes or not) or something else, but it is only when they spend a few hours alone together she licks her. Daft bunny.

Very jealous but very happy you got the licks :) unfortunately for me the couch is higher up hierarchy then me

Aww. Marbles is a mildly licky bunny. It is such a lovely thing when they lick you isn't it? Occasionally marbles will jump on the bed when I'm going off to sleep and lick my face. I never tell my friends as it sounds pretty weird but it is just so lovely :love:

Awh that is lovely :love: I tell select friends about the bunnies licking me :lol:

Awww, absolutely darling! Pipkin only ever licked my neck once in his life (he would lick my nose through the bars of his cage sometimes), one time when we were cuddling.

Amy, meanwhile, may well be the lickiest rabbit in the entire world. I am not kidding, she spends anywhere between five minutes and an hour licking my hands and face each day. She'll sit beside me, on my lap or even on my chest licking and grooming me. I'll be petting her and she'll twist to lick me, I put my hand in front of her face and she'll lick it. She likes licking my brother too, but strangely enough not my mother. I don't know if it's because she smokes (she licked my uncle the second time she met him, but I can't remember if he still smokes or not) or something else, but it is only when they spend a few hours alone together she licks her. Daft bunny.

Mine are very contrasted like that, although Harvey normally gives up grooming me after 5-10 mins, he'd get bored if he was there for an hour :lol: Harvey will lick almost anyone :roll: although he licks me, my OH and my mum straight away if we're holding him whereas he'll hesitate with strangers

Very jealous but very happy you got the licks :) unfortunately for me the couch is higher up hierarchy then me

My couch is quite high up the hierarchy too! As is the carpet.... and the litter tray..... luckily Harvey makes exceptions for me!

I'm going to try to get her to lick me again today, although not right now, they're asleep, Lilly has flopped and is resting her cheek on Harvey's forehead, which was presented to her in the hope of a groom :lol: They've been like that for a while now! Very cute, and Lilly is dreaming too, about to fall off of Harvey :lol:

ETA she's fallen off, eyes are rolled back :lol: I wonder what she's dreaming of?!

My couch is quite high up the hierarchy too! As is the carpet.... and the litter tray..... luckily Harvey makes exceptions for me!

I'm going to try to get her to lick me again today, although not right now, they're asleep, Lilly has flopped and is resting her cheek on Harvey's forehead, which was presented to her in the hope of a groom :lol: They've been like that for a while now! Very cute, and Lilly is dreaming too, about to fall off of Harvey :lol:

ETA she's fallen off, eyes are rolled back :lol: I wonder what she's dreaming of?!

Awwww there so loved up *cuties* I think she's dreaming of treats and veggies off the lovely hoomin :)

Hahaha same here! Bea has never licked me, but I often find little wet patches on the sofa where she's been licking the cushions. I like to think that because I sit on the sofa she thinks that the sofa is me :lol:. I think I'm kidding myself though :lol::lol::lol:.

Mister and Missy still haven't quite worked out who is top bun in our household. I think it's Missy, Mister will lick her when her head is shoved under his chin, whereas she very rarely obliges. But it's funny to watch them both lay down near each other because they spend some time either licking the carpet or their front paws, lol. It's as though they want some grooming but refuse to be the one to give in first lol.

Mine are very contrasted like that, although Harvey normally gives up grooming me after 5-10 mins, he'd get bored if he was there for an hour Harvey will lick almost anyone although he licks me, my OH and my mum straight away if we're holding him whereas he'll hesitate with strangers

I meant that Amy is out for a few hours each day, and she spends like five to ten minutes licking me... Hops off... Comes back, licks me again, hops off... Cuddles... And repeats. She seems to be getting more affectionate lately, probably because of hormones.

Harvey sounds like a real sweetie :love: Amy hasn't met many strangers yet; she got on quite snugly with my gran, but ignored my uncle's girlfriend. She's a little shy sometimes.

Awwww there so loved up *cuties* I think she's dreaming of treats and veggies off the lovely hoomin :)

Probably :lol: although she's not had any today treats today :p she'll be getting a pile of veg soon though :D

Hahaha same here! Bea has never licked me, but I often find little wet patches on the sofa where she's been licking the cushions. I like to think that because I sit on the sofa she thinks that the sofa is me :lol:. I think I'm kidding myself though :lol::lol::lol:.

I kid myself with Lilly when she does that too :lol: Harvey however does wash things that smell of me, he goes mental for my pillow if I ever bring that downstairs!

Mister and Missy still haven't quite worked out who is top bun in our household. I think it's Missy, Mister will lick her when her head is shoved under his chin, whereas she very rarely obliges. But it's funny to watch them both lay down near each other because they spend some time either licking the carpet or their front paws, lol. It's as though they want some grooming but refuse to be the one to give in first lol.

I don't think there's a top bunny between Harvey and Lilly, they both have their dominant moments and submissive moments! I think on balance Harvey is dominant because if Lilly humps him he's FURIOUS and humps her back, but if he initiates it then she just becomes submissive and doesn't react at all. They groom each other very evenly though :D

I meant that Amy is out for a few hours each day, and she spends like five to ten minutes licking me... Hops off... Comes back, licks me again, hops off... Cuddles... And repeats. She seems to be getting more affectionate lately, probably because of hormones.

Harvey sounds like a real sweetie :love: Amy hasn't met many strangers yet; she got on quite snugly with my gran, but ignored my uncle's girlfriend. She's a little shy sometimes.

An hour licking would've caused a very dry tongue :lol:

He is rather sweet :love: he enjoys human attention, he'll take attention form anyone who walks in, a tree surgeon was over to give me a quote and he wanted a fuss from him, and he was delighted when I had a party here once! Lilly got in on the fusses too following Harvey's lead :love: I want another party just so they can have some fuss from a room full of people, it'd be their dream come true :lol:

Back