• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much longer do we have to wait?

Fluffs

Alpha Buck
Fluffy had his castration 3 weeks ago tommorow.
I know it is quite a while longer, but how long is it until it is safe to bond him?

I'm worried he's getting lonely, as the time is dragging by so slowly... :(
Thanks x

In terms of his fertility I read so much differing opinions on the internet that we waiting until after she'd been spayed and healed before commencing in ernest. It was about four weeks after his op that they had very heavily supervised play dates. We got him done at Christmas, and she was spayed at the middle of February. So I'm guessing around 6 weeks in total. To be fair I glad we did wait because she became a nightmare in the run up to her spay. Poor Mister was hounded during those last play dates, where as he'd lost all interest lol.

Edit... Sorry it was 4 weeks after that the play dates started... They had around two weeks of dating before her op. Got my numbers the wrong way round. X

Last edited:
Just incase you haven't seen my edit. I got my numbers the wrong way round. It was 4 weeks after that they had heavily supervised play dates. (As advised by the rabbit welfare society's leaflet). And 2 weeks of play dates before her op.

We bonded Simba and Tinkerbell 1 week after Simba was neutered. Tinkerbell had already been spayed and their bond was instant :love:

I didn't want to be held responsible for you putting your buck with his partner and having an unplanned pregnancy on the basis that I got my numbers the wrong way round lol!! :)

Back