• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thank you Reggie Bunny xx

Schez

Mama Doe
This is where Reggie is as I'm sat here on the iPad....

Yep, he decided that it was here he was going to flop. He wriggled through, under my leg... :lol:

It came to mind how much I take having old long ears here with me for granted sometimes. :oops:

He's the most loving and amazing rabbit I've ever had. And he's taught/teaching me so much.
I knew I loved him from the moment I saw him but never guessed how much he would bring/give me in return.

He's here when I wake up and come downstairs, when I return home from work, when I finally mange to put the kids to bed... He was here at 4 am the other night when I couldn't sleep and felt sad. He lay down next to me until I felt sleepy enough to go back up to bed.

I love that he dances/binkies at pellet o clock, I love how he periscopes to see what I'm doing and especially love how he can seem dead to the world but one slice through an apple and he's up faster than you can blink... :lol:

I'm not too fond of how he tries to pick up and throw his water bowl around or how he seems determined to pee over the side of his litter tray but meh, we can overlook these minor things.... :lol:;)

So Reggie bunny thank you. I just don't know where I'd be without you. I'm one very lucky hoomin to have a very special bunneh in my life. :love:

That's so lovely! :love: bless him :love: soon I will have my big bunnies inside with me, I'm hoping they'll be like that! :love: x

You see, only you lovely RUers understand how impossibly gooey you can be over a bunny - hooray for RU! :D

Joeybun... Erm, I have no idea how much he weighs now.... :oops: but his last vet trip for his vaccs saw him spot on 7kg, (quote vet:beautifully spot on weight for healthy conti rabbit :thumb:) so he's not really that big.. Not compared to some of the other big bunny gorgeousness *cough* Hector bunny.... :love::love: :lol:

You see, only you lovely RUers understand how impossibly gooey you can be over a bunny - hooray for RU! :D

Joeybun... Erm, I have no idea how much he weighs now.... :oops: but his last vet trip for his vaccs saw him spot on 7kg, (quote vet:beautifully spot on weight for healthy conti rabbit :thumb:) so he's not really that big.. Not compared to some of the other big bunny gorgeousness *cough* Hector bunny.... :love::love: :lol:

So they pretty much weigh as much as small dogs :shock:!
Imagine him next to my two :lol:

As for getting gooey...yes! Just saw your post on another thread about people asking how you know their individual personalities...I compare them to children. A parent knows their children's personalities, a good animal owner knows their animals personalities :)

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

So they pretty much weigh as much as small dogs :shock:!
Imagine him next to my two :lol:

As for getting gooey...yes! Just saw your post on another thread about people asking how you know their individual personalities...I compare them to children. A parent knows their children's personalities, a good animal owner knows their animals personalities :)

Yep... They are heavy bunnies. I don't pick Reggie up - ever. I'm fearful I couldn't handle him properly and hurt him. All health checks/nail clipping etc are done floor level and he hops into his crate for vet visits. :thumb:

People seem to think that because my bunnies are outside that they are just left to it. :shock: They may not have "cuddles" all the time but I'm always out there talking to them and faffing about with something/collecting dandelions grass etc. and when I'm cleaning them out I take far too long as nose rubs have to be given out as well... :roll::lol:

Yep... They are heavy bunnies. I don't pick Reggie up - ever. I'm fearful I couldn't handle him properly and hurt him. All health checks/nail clipping etc are done floor level and he hops into his crate for vet visits. :thumb:

People seem to think that because my bunnies are outside that they are just left to it. :shock: They may not have "cuddles" all the time but I'm always out there talking to them and faffing about with something/collecting dandelions grass etc. and when I'm cleaning them out I take far too long as nose rubs have to be given out as well... :roll::lol:

I'd be concerned about handling one that big too :lol: at least he's co-operative :lol:

Well mine are indoors, and people understand even less why they have free range 24/7, and share my main living space. They also fail to understand why every shopping trip results in something being bought for the bunnies, and why I spend so much on the floor with them, and talking to them etc. Truth is, I prefer them to people, they don't question my actions :lol: :love:

Reggie is huuuuuuuuuge!!! :love::love: I thought my dear Delilah was large, weighting in at 6 kgs!!!

Ooooooo, mrsB! Hellooooo! :wave: Reggie is a big lad, but he's daft as a brush and very soppy... :lol: Talking of Delilah bunneh, how is she? She wasn't being very nice to you if I recall? She was displaying behaviour similar to when you first had her? Has she calmed down at all? (((Hugs))) xx

Aww schez , it sounds like you have one special bunneh there. There is a conti at my local rescue called eleanor and I keep looking every week. When Rosie attacked Bobby at the weekend ( for the second time ) I was seriously tempted. Lol ! MUST stop looking :/

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Aww schez , it sounds like you have one special bunneh there. There is a conti at my local rescue called eleanor and I keep looking every week. When Rosie attacked Bobby at the weekend ( for the second time ) I was seriously tempted. Lol ! MUST stop looking :/

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

It's so lovely to see bunnies like Reggie and the other giants on here with loving homes. Too many of them appear to end up in rescues because they grew too big.... :(

They need so much love because they have HUGE amounts of it to give in return. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its lovely how affectionate he is as well as big and beautiful :love::love::love:

I'm like you with my outdoor buns. I spend loads of time faffing around and chatting to them etc. My buns and my cat are the first things I head for in the mornings and when I get in from work :love:

Well - Suzie gets me up first at 5:30 every morning so she is always first on the list :roll: xx

7kg :shock::shock: I can't imagine a bunny being so big! :lol:
My 2 weighed 2kg when I took them the vets about 2 months ago, they have grown a bit and filled out since then but I can't see them being much more than 2.5kg and my mum thinks they are huge! :lol:

Can you imagine them meeting? Just short of 16kg of bunny together!!! :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back