• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shed repaint and rebonding

TickTock

Alpha Buck
Before, a rather run down red shed.
20140401_172713_zps141313f5.jpg
20140401_172725_zps783e74f7.jpg

Now a slightly less run down shed :D
20140406_141433_zps4f49c39d.jpg
20140406_141449_zps07920755.jpg
20140406_141503_zps7733ccfd.jpg

Sadly the joy of getting the shed done up and the run redo underway has been spoilt by the breakdown bond of my group of 10. Attempting to rebond the lot.
Is this too big a pen for the first stage of bonding?
20140413_214518_zps2c502ad8.jpg

I'm sure you can see the joy in their faces :roll:

Well done with the shed, you must feel very proud and satisfied, looks lovely :D As for the bonding, I bonded my 2 pairs (3 of which had failed to bond previously) straight into their new shed. I didn't do small space bonding, I made sure there was lots of places in the shed for them to hide and get away from eachother and I believe that's what made their bond so successful, any hint of an issue just never escalated as the 'victim' could get away easily. I think for bonding groups this is the best way. In fact both my pairs were originally bonded in larger areas (their runs) that weren't even neutral and had less issues this way. I'd say whilst the shed is newly decorated and now neutral it's ideal for rebonding them. Good luck :wave:

Well done with the shed, you must feel very proud and satisfied, looks lovely :D As for the bonding, I bonded my 2 pairs (3 of which had failed to bond previously) straight into their new shed. I didn't do small space bonding, I made sure there was lots of places in the shed for them to hide and get away from eachother and I believe that's what made their bond so successful, any hint of an issue just never escalated as the 'victim' could get away easily. I think for bonding groups this is the best way. In fact both my pairs were originally bonded in larger areas (their runs) that weren't even neutral and had less issues this way. I'd say whilst the shed is newly decorated and now neutral it's ideal for rebonding them. Good luck :wave:

We did infact try to rebond straight into the shed. Unfortunately it worked for all of one day. Then we had a massive fight between 2 buns and it all went to chaos. It's mainly Ping and Apollo both wanting to be top bun :( Ping I think is also very frightened and is pre-emptive attacking. Most of the other buns are fine with each other; Its just those two picking fights and attacking friend or foe :cry:

We did infact try to rebond straight into the shed. Unfortunately it worked for all of one day. Then we had a massive fight between 2 buns and it all went to chaos. It's mainly Ping and Apollo both wanting to be top bun :( Ping I think is also very frightened and is pre-emptive attacking. Most of the other buns are fine with each other; Its just those two picking fights and attacking friend or foe :cry:

Hmm I don't know then sorry, hopefully someone with more experience can advice u, my quad is the largest group I've ever dealt with, 10 is a whole other kettle of fish! Did u make sure there was plenty of places to hide etc? I think that's the only reason none of mine escalated into fighting. But sounds Ike that might not work if u have one or two that r actively aggressive. :( Hope u find a solution.

Back