• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet Jasper

Inimical Me

Wise Old Thumper
We adopted this little nutter today. He was dumped at my local P@H with overgrown teeth and nails. The person who took him in said they'd found him but he looks well fed (he is overweight, certainly fatter than any rabbit I've ever had - can't feel any bones through his chunk and his feet look little compared to his fat tum) so we think the person who handed him in might have been his owner who couldn't be bothered anymore. He looks to be 12-18 months old.

When we went over to him he did the biggest flop ever :love:. He's a gentle soul, but despite having only one plum he is mega hormonal. I've never had the experience of a hormonal male rabbit :shock::shock::shock:. I intended to have him neutered at the end of the month but I feel so bad for how frustrated he is I hope to have him done this week.

20140413_134428_zps2931ec3d.jpg

20140413_194213_zps5849b2aa.jpg

When his hormones have died down he will hopefully bond with my beautiful Bea:
20140412_185742_zpsc292443d.jpg

Thanks :D. Bea is a little stunner, like a little teddy bear. Jasper is funny looking in person, but cute :lol:. Dutch markings with a really compact wide, flat head. Incidentally I've never been a lover of Dutch bunnies or Lionheads (I love all bunnies but you know what I mean) but here we are :lol: :lol:.

Last edited:
He won't stop circling me, honking and trying to mount my leg :shock:. He's got such a sweet nature in the moments when his hormones aren't in control bless him. I have even less time for people who don't neuter now I have seen first hand how frustrating their hormones are :evil:.

He loves nose rubs but flinches if you touch his ears or the back of his neck. He has no inflammation or marks there. My o/h suggested that maybe he was grabbed by the scruff in his previous home :(:cry:

Aww he is lovely :love::love: I did a double take as he looks just like my Orla. He and Bea will make a gorgeous couple. I hope the neutering will go well, he does sound very frustrated bless him. I think giving him a teddy to work out his feelings might help ;)

Aww he is lovely :love::love: I did a double take as he looks just like my Orla. He and Bea will make a gorgeous couple. I hope the neutering will go well, he does sound very frustrated bless him. I think giving him a teddy to work out his feelings might help ;)

Your bunnies are beautiful, I loved your photos in your recent thread.

Yes, I was wondering if I had a teddy somewhere but I can't find one. I might have to have a look in a charity shop for one. I don't want to encourage him but don't want him to be frustrated either! He's such a soft lad under his layers of hormones. He is nervous and it infuriates me to think that someone has probably been mean to him in the past, the way he flinches if you put your hand near his ears. :cry:

Your bunnies are beautiful, I loved your photos in your recent thread.

Yes, I was wondering if I had a teddy somewhere but I can't find one. I might have to have a look in a charity shop for one. I don't want to encourage him but don't want him to be frustrated either! He's such a soft lad under his layers of hormones. He is nervous and it infuriates me to think that someone has probably been mean to him in the past, the way he flinches if you put your hand near his ears. :cry:

Thank you :)

Male rabbits tend to get pretty exhausted after relieving themselves so it might do him good and allow him to relax a bit. One of my boys would pass out after the deed before he was neutered :lol:

I think once Jasper has settled in and calmed down he will feel more at ease. It is very sad to think he has been mis handled or even abused :( all my buns are rescue bunnies and most of them have displayed similar behaviour. Two of them were severe abuse and neglect cases but with love and patience they have all become happy healthy rabbits who feel content and safe.

You are a good bunny mum and I am sure it won't be long before Jasper will be coming to you for snuggles. If he is anything like most Dutchies he will ask for nose rubs and give you licks :love:

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk

Thank you :)

Male rabbits tend to get pretty exhausted after relieving themselves so it might do him good and allow him to relax a bit. One of my boys would pass out after the deed before he was neutered :lol:

I think once Jasper has settled in and calmed down he will feel more at ease. It is very sad to think he has been mis handled or even abused :( all my buns are rescue bunnies and most of them have displayed similar behaviour. Two of them were severe abuse and neglect cases but with love and patience they have all become happy healthy rabbits who feel content and safe.

You are a good bunny mum and I am sure it won't be long before Jasper will be coming to you for snuggles. If he is anything like most Dutchies he will ask for nose rubs and give you licks :love:

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk

Aww thank you :D. Yesterday's trip to the vets seemed to calm him down a bit. I don't know if it was a change of scenery and being away from home (which must smell of female rabbit to him) but he seemed so much happier when we came back. He is still honking at me but we can actually get down on the floor with him without being sexually harassed :oops::lol::lol::lol:.

He’s different from any rabbit I’ve ever had (he’s my 4th). He’s very vocal and makes all sorts of funny little noises when he wants attention, when he’s eating, cleaning himself etc. He thumps to get attention rather than out of fear. He’s a massive softie and will sit for hours with his head on my knee for nose rubs. If all Dutchies are all such softies I think I'm in love :love:. Despite his hormones he doesn't have an aggressive bone in his body.

Back