• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Calling all foragers....l

Hi, I have been feeding my bun fresh grass mostly. But today I was wondering if any of the plants around my garden are safe. So far I know herbs, bay leaf and dandelion are safe. But I don't know these ones.

This is a plant that has randomly sprouted up in my garden.

This is a Bush. I have no idea what it is called, but it has blue berry-type things in the winter.

The first is a euphorbia (may be mis-spelt). It has a nasty sap which is an irritant. Do not feed it to your bunnies. I'm afraid I don't know what the second one is but it looks like an ornamental shrub so probably not bunny safe. Unless you can definitely identify it, don't feed it.

This kinda looks like a dandelion, by o don't think it is.

Blackcurrant bush

Rhubarb

I have no idea what this is.

This kinda looks like a dandelion, but i dont think it is.

that is dandelion, only learnt the other day that the plant we call 'dandelion' is actually nipplewort :lol: and your picture is of a true dandelion:thumb: bunnies can also eat blackcurrant fruit and leaves (suppose to be very good for them!) rhubarb is 100% NOT safe don't feed it! not sure on the other one

The first one of the second batch which you thought looked like dandelion, looks very much like smooth sow thistle to me. Mine absolutely LOVE sow thistle, they will eat it first from a pile of forage without fail!

Euphorbia. Irritant sap do not feed

Ribes. Probably ornamental variety. Ok but don't over feed

Difficult to say from image but prob a sow thistle. Great feed

Ribes again

Rhubarb do not feed toxic very

Periwinkle. Do not feed

Thanks everyone :) some nipplewort:lol:, dandelion/sow thistle and blackcurrant leaves tonight. Some herbs tomorrow morning and grass tomoroow night. Sound goo d?

Hi, I have been feeding my bun fresh grass mostly. But today I was wondering if any of the plants around my garden are safe. So far I know herbs, bay leaf and dandelion are safe. But I don't know these ones.

This is a plant that has randomly sprouted up in my garden.

This is a Bush. I have no idea what it is called, but it has blue berry-type things in the winter.

I've never fed bay leaves to my bunnies .. Are they good to dry and feed during the winter?

Euphorbia. Irritant sap do not feed

Ribes. Probably ornamental variety. Ok but don't over feed

Difficult to say from image but prob a sow thistle. Great feed

Ribes again

Rhubarb do not feed toxic very

Periwinkle. Do not feed

I've only just found that sow thistle is ok but I worry about feeding it coz so many plants look the same... Are most of those smooth leaved thistle pes with yellow flowers ok? I know to avoid ragwort which also has yellow flowers!! My new garden has tons of weeds/bunny food!! Lots of what looks like sow thistle, I guess I should just try it out?? But too bunny over protective!!!

Back