• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Here we go again :(

luna

Mama Doe
Rosie attacked Bobby again last night leaving his throat skinned and bitten like a few months ago when he was left looking like this and on antibiotics for five days

jaqu7a8y.jpg

The bizarre thing is they are as snuggly as ever and like before it doesn't seem to have affected their bond. Bobby is very forgiving, God love him.

I don't know what to do though. She exhibits very hormonal behaviour and is anyways honking and head humping and she pulls fur from his bum and eats it. I am always finding clumps of his fur around the house. Poor Bobby , I feel like he is being adused by his wife. I said last time this happened that if it happened again I would seperate them but how can I do that if they are inlove.

if I keep them together and she does this again it could be worse next time. Any advice ? Rosie is neutered by the way :) xx

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

My two head-hump all the time, Daisy seemed to have the upper hand a few days ago but now Levi has been giving as good as he gets. I've never seen them actually injure the other though, and I'd be devastated if they did...so I can imagine how you feel. Not sure what to suggest really, especially if it's not damaging their bond...Bobby must be a sweetheart!

ouch, is it down to spring fever? just glad she didn't bite any further into his airways, that's what would worry me , hopefully she will calm down soon

Poor boy :( this sounds very very similar to my Molly and Barney. I am currently having Molly's blood tested for hormones because of her behaviour. I separated them because I couldn't risk Molly seriously injuring Barney. Personally I don't think I would attempt to carry on in your situation, going for the jugular is not good at all :( x

My two head-hump all the time, Daisy seemed to have the upper hand a few days ago but now Levi has been giving as good as he gets. I've never seen them actually injure the other though, and I'd be devastated if they did...so I can imagine how you feel. Not sure what to suggest really, especially if it's not damaging their bond...Bobby must be a sweetheart!

He really is, he is a little softy ! When it happened last time I was devastated and said I would give it one more shot but because we have taken on a new cat today I have been very distracted but I'm going to ring the vet in the morning :)

ouch, is it down to spring fever? just glad she didn't bite any further into his airways, that's what would worry me , hopefully she will calm down soon

Yep spring fever has a lot to do with it plus she is very hormonal at the best of times anyway :/

I would probably want your girl tested to see if she has something going on. I also wouldn't want to keep them together just in case she seriously injured him. It could be spring fever, my lots have been humping and fur pulling but have never ever injured each other, let alone gone for the throat! :shock:

Poor lad. Sending lots of calming and healing vibes to your buns. x

Poor boy :( this sounds very very similar to my Molly and Barney. I am currently having Molly's blood tested for hormones because of her behaviour. I separated them because I couldn't risk Molly seriously injuring Barney. Personally I don't think I would attempt to carry on in your situation, going for the jugular is not good at all :( x

Funnily enough I was thinking of your situation with molly and Barney this morning. I can't separate them right now as we just took on a cat today so I really would like them to stay together in the kitchen so the cat can get used to the rest of the house.

We have a Wendy house and run set up that Rosie could stay in but ultimately I would have to re home Rosie as I don't want to go back to having outdoor rabbits :(

Back