• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh no! Been asked to take in a baby bunny :( - We're fostering

HoneyBear

Mama Doe
Someone I have on my Facebook has asked me to take in the last bunny from an accidental litter she can't "get rid of" :cry:
I HATE being put on the spot like this, it's the 2nd time it's happened!
Poor baby bunny I can't stop thinking about it, what a start to life, and what on earth is going to happen to it? :cry:

Last edited:
:( oh I'm sorry... It's a hard position to be in. Certainly if you cannot take bunny yourself. Been sat here trying thinking of a solution... (Yep, my brain hurts... :oops:) ... Hmmm, can you suggest trying to find a rescue space for bunny if they won't keep bunny until they can find a home? Or maybe through the rabbits rehome page? Not sure how it works... :oops:

I hope someone will be along soon who can advise.

((Hugs)) to you. It's a difficult position to be in.xx

She's rung around the rescue centres apparently and the bunny is advertised on selling pages too which makes me a bit sad and worried about where it could end up :(

If I could bond her to Bear and Alice id consider it, but it's a very young un-nutered girl and id have nowhere to keep her if it didn't work out.

I thought about fostering till we could find a home but there are already soooooot many bunnies needing a home what if I couldn't find one, like I say, long term I have no room.

So we decided to foster her, she will have a big puppy pen in our hallway and lots if free range time downstairs while Bear and Alice will stay upstairs undisrupted.

I always wanted to foster so seems right I do it when I've found a bunny in need, shame really there is no room to keep her but at least I can help her find a home where she is loved.

I no nothing about her apart from the fact she's a girl I collect her friday.

So we decided to foster her, she will have a big puppy pen in our hallway and lots if free range time downstairs while Bear and Alice will stay upstairs undisrupted.

I always wanted to foster so seems right I do it when I've found a bunny in need, shame really there is no room to keep her but at least I can help her find a home where she is loved.

:love::love: oh bless you, at least this bunny will be safe and sound with you as she waits for a forever home. :love::thumb: looking forward to fostering updates! :wave:

:love::love: oh bless you, at least this bunny will be safe and sound with you as she waits for a forever home. :love::thumb: looking forward to fostering updates! :wave:

It just kept playing on my mind I had to!
Hubby has promised me he will be the level headed one and keep telling me she can't stay :lol:
Really nervous!!
Not had a baby bun for years.

It just kept playing on my mind I had to!
Hubby has promised me he will be the level headed one and keep telling me she can't stay :lol:
Really nervous!!
Not had a baby bun for years.

I'd need someone telling me they can't stay too!
How old is she do you know?

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

I'd need someone telling me they can't stay too!
How old is she do you know?

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

Not sure how old she is yet, she is the last of an "accidental litter" the rest were sold and this one has been left behind for quite a while.

I'm so glad you are fostering her - means I will hopefully get to meet her:love:

I was so tempted to offer her a home. I had an appointment at the bank a couple of days ago and they were actually helpful!!! I can see a light at the end of the tunnel as far as my finances go, especially since I gave up one job which involved on-calls, so I can work more hours at my other job as I don't have to allow for possibly being up all night (and then not get paid if I don't get called in).

I need to see how it all goes though and get the buns I have vaccinated once I have cleared the outstanding vet bill from Apple's X-ray, two dentals and medication. She has another check-up tomorrow morning, when she will get her teeth checked and be weighed again. I think she is doing well though:) and unless there are any nasty surprises I will be able to pay off the rest of the bill tomorrow.

It will be lovely to visit and have a baby bunny cuddle. It's been ages since I've adopted a really young bun so I will have to enjoy your foster bun vicariously.

:love: Best of luck.

I'm so glad you are fostering her - means I will hopefully get to meet her:love:

I was so tempted to offer her a home. I had an appointment at the bank a couple of days ago and they were actually helpful!!! I can see a light at the end of the tunnel as far as my finances go, especially since I gave up one job which involved on-calls, so I can work more hours at my other job as I don't have to allow for possibly being up all night (and then not get paid if I don't get called in).

I need to see how it all goes though and get the buns I have vaccinated once I have cleared the outstanding vet bill from Apple's X-ray, two dentals and medication. She has another check-up tomorrow morning, when she will get her teeth checked and be weighed again. I think she is doing well though:) and unless there are any nasty surprises I will be able to pay off the rest of the bill tomorrow.

It will be lovely to visit and have a baby bunny cuddle. It's been ages since I've adopted a really young bun so I will have to enjoy your foster bun vicariously.

So glad things seem to be looking up for you :)

Would love you to come meet her, you can help me out, I don't remember what it's like having a baby bunny at all, I have no idea how young she is yet though.

Back