• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Groupon's Food Dehydrator!

kazz

Alpha Buck
I know there's been a few topics in the past about this but when I search it brings up no results :(

Groupon has the food dehydrator on offer again and I know a couple of people were going to try it out. So how did people find it?

For the first winter with my rabbits its been expensive! Fresh herbs and spring greens every few days is not fun either. So this year I want to become a forager so when winter comes, I don't end up spending as much as I did!

Thanks in advance :)

Oh I'm sorry! I meant couldn't find the topics that had discussed it on here! And when I said how did people find it I meant is it any good/worth buying :lol: sorry about that but thanks ever so much for the link, I can jump straight on if it's got a good review from the forum ;D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

:wave:

I make cheap/free forage from shop-bought roses which I dry out on greaseproof paper on top of radiators.

Also, can you stop by a large supermarket near closing time? I get lots of herbs that way at a fraction of the full price.

Have you tried growing your own herbs? B + M bargains have some huge pots 3 for £5 which you could repot or put in the garden.

Do you shop at ASDA? My local ASDA does massive bunches of mint, parsley and coriander for 87p.

:wave:

I make cheap/free forage from shop-bought roses which I dry out on greaseproof paper on top of radiators.

Also, can you stop by a large supermarket near closing time? I get lots of herbs that way at a fraction of the full price.

Have you tried growing your own herbs? B + M bargains have some huge pots 3 for £5 which you could repot or put in the garden.

Do you shop at ASDA? My local ASDA does massive bunches of mint, parsley and coriander for 87p.

This!
I picked up my potted herbs for £1 each in Morrison's, and I know Asda do them in and out of pots for around the same price. Asda are also selling lots of seeds at the moment, I can't remember the offer but it works out well if you've got somewhere to place pots. I'm also growing grass on my kitchen windowsill, which is pretty low maintenance and is growing quickly

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

I forage and have a dehydrator but I don't use it for bunny stuff. Well apart from pea pods. I just dry any gluts indoors on a tarp, usually it's brambles or artichoke leaves which dry in a few days.

I would not feed shop bought flowers due to chemicals. My dad won't allow them to even go in our kitchen compost.

Back