• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

4 years gone, always in my heart x

aaammmyyy

Mama Doe
I thought I'd post a photo of my first ever rabbit Marleen (only fools and horses :lol: )

ehu8ugyb.jpg

Laugh at me if you like, but this rabbit has changed me for ever.
She was my first rabbit, I'd owned other pets before I got her but never a rabbit.

I got her in 2004, she was so kind and gentle- such a loving bunny.
I would go out in the morning to feed her and she would nuzzle my hand and lick me.
I could leave her hutch door wide open and go indoors to get the food, id come back out and she'd be sat in the exact same place by her food bowl waiting for her food-she could of left and ran around the garden, but she didn't- she stayed in her cage, she was super loyal-even the day before her death.

She would love snuggles and laying in the sunshine, and she would lick your hands clean and would beg for nose rubs.

She was a netherland dwarf mini lop cross like my two bunnies are now, but she had slightly lop ears-one going back and one to the side.

before I got Marleen I though of rabbits as animals who didnt need much, like a pretty basic pet.
This bunny proved me wrong, she showed me that a bunny is so much more than that- they are a long term commitment, they're just like cats and dogs.

She has made me the animal mad person I am today and she has left a large paw print in my heart forever.
Im so greatful I got to have her in my life and I now know what wonderful pets rabbits are.

She passed away at the age of 6 and a half on the 23rd of January 2010
6 is rather young, and we never actually found out her cause od death
But one day I went outside and my companion wasn't waiting for me, I opened her bed compartment and there she was laying down, my baby had died in her sleep.

It took me a good few years to accept her death and it still saddens me to the day, but I love her still and I wanted to get another rabbit so they can enjoy life too.

When you get a new pet, it isn't to replace the decease-its for you to love and to give another rabbit a good life!

Its been 4 years, and I will always remeber you Marleen, thankyou for coming into my life and cherishing me with your company xxxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I thought I'd post a photo of my first ever rabbit Marleen (only fools and horses :lol: )

This is the only photo I have of her now, I didnt own a camera back then or have a phone with a camera so I treasure this photo

ehu8ugyb.jpg

Laugh at me if you like, but this rabbit has changed me for ever.
She was my first rabbit, I'd owned other pets before I got her but never a rabbit.

I got her in 2004, she was so kind and gentle- such a loving bunny.
I would go out in the morning to feed her and she would nuzzle my hand and lick me.
I could leave her hutch door wide open and go indoors to get the food, id come back out and she'd be sat in the exact same place by her food bowl waiting for her food-she could of left and ran around the garden, but she didn't- she stayed in her cage, she was super loyal-even the day before her death.

She would love snuggles and laying in the sunshine, and she would lick your hands clean and would beg for nose rubs.

She was a netherland dwarf mini lop cross like my two bunnies are now, but she had slightly lop ears-one going back and one to the side.

before I got Marleen I though of rabbits as animals who didnt need much, like a pretty basic pet.
This bunny proved me wrong, she showed me that a bunny is so much more than that- they are a long term commitment, they're just like cats and dogs.

She has made me the animal mad person I am today and she has left a large paw print in my heart forever.
Im so greatful I got to have her in my life and I now know what wonderful pets rabbits are.

She passed away at the age of 6 and a half on the 23rd of January 2010
6 is rather young, and we never actually found out her cause od death
But one day I went outside and my companion wasn't waiting for me, I opened her bed compartment and there she was laying down, my baby had died in her sleep.

It took me a good few years to accept her death and it still saddens me to the day, but I love her still and I wanted to get another rabbit so they can enjoy life too.

When you get a new pet, it isn't to replace the decease-its for you to love and to give another rabbit a good life!

Its been 4 years, and I will always remeber you Marleen, thankyou for coming into my life and cherishing me with your company xxxx

She was such a beautiful bun. You're right when you say that getting a new bun is not a replacement. .Our hearts are bigger than we think and each animal has their own special place where they are always loved.
Continue on binkying Marleen.xxx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

She was such a beautiful bun. You're right when you say that getting a new bun is not a replacement. .Our hearts are bigger than we think and each animal has their own special place where they are always loved.
Continue on binkying Marleen.xxx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

They would be impossible to replace, they're all so diffrent & original!

im sure shes eating a bunch of dandelion forage at the bridge! Xxx

Back