• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Attaching a run without cutting

aaammmyyy

Mama Doe
Hey so binkys in a 5ft x 2ft x2ft cage because of the fight , it was free from my dads friend but obviously way too small!
She goes in the run every day and the run cost me £89, it folds away and is very sturdy it was a good purchase!
I cant afford to buy her a decent cage atm, im saving up for a shed for her like bellas!
I want to attach the run without cutting holes in it otherwise it wont be able to be used once the stupid cage goes in the bin!
Ive just backed it up to her cage to take photos.

y4epahy6.jpg

3a2ydete.jpg

6evyrave.jpg

Please excuse binky and her carrot play patch photo bombing the last photo :lol:

Does anyone know if I can attach it without ruining my precious run :lol:

Bella can free range in the conservatory (same temp as outside) because she prefurs that until binky gets a new shed/hutch so its fine for binky to have complete ownership of the run for now lol!

This would give her overall a 5ft x 7&half(ish) ft x 3/2ft

Im not very good with measurements so thats probably not pretty accurate but id appreciate any help!

Thanks in advance :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Could you use a runaround? It would require a hole to be cut in the mesh but it comes with a door to close it off so it wouldn't effect your future use of the run. They are quite expensive though but if you could find a way to keep using it when you get your new setup it won't be wasted money.

Could you use a runaround? It would require a hole to be cut in the mesh but it comes with a door to close it off so it wouldn't effect your future use of the run. They are quite expensive though but if you could find a way to keep using it when you get your new setup it won't be wasted money.

The problem is getting the money ATM otherwise she would already have her new set up, its a bit tight right now!
Thanks though:)

Can you move the open panel from the top to the side by the hutch you would need to out a piece of wood or something to cover the gap under the hutch but then you only have to open the door and bun can have the run you will also need to attach it to the hutch at the sides so she can't push it and escaaPe:D

This is mine as you can just about see the right hand door of the hutch is open and I have a piece of wood to stop them getting out, my run has 1 removable panel on one side

Last edited:
The problem is getting the money ATM otherwise she would already have her new set up, its a bit tight right now!
Thanks though:)

Doh sorry I realise now you said that in your original post!

I would think the only way would be to cut one of the panels of mesh and replace it with a piece of wood which could be removable with those swivel locks you can get. Then just push it up to the hutch but as post above says you'd have to block off the underneath of the hutch.

Are those screws holding it together? If so I imagine you could unscrew them and take the mesh panel out from one end then just open the hutch door into it. You'll just need to block the gap under the hutch but you could easily do that with a scrap bit of wood and a couple of screws. You'll also need to fix the hutch/run together so they can come apart - a couple of metal ties (wire twists) or similar would do it.

Ooo!
I never thought about un-doing the screws!
I've looked at them closley and they're quite tight in there but I hope they do come apart!
Ill have a look at them tomorrow and undo them

Would that green garden wire do to tie hutch to run? The kind you use to attach runner bean stalks to the poles?

I would think that would do it - it just needs to be chew proof and secure to stop predators/rabbits shoving the two apart. I imagine you could loop it around the legs and the centre support for the hutch, otherwise a couple of screw in eyelets would give you tie points.

If that doesn't work the other thing that might be an option would be to unscrew one set of hinges, depending how it folds that might give one panel that will then fold flat whilst the others stay open.

Just make sure you put the screws someone safe and know how it goes back together :lol:

I would think that would do it - it just needs to be chew proof and secure to stop predators/rabbits shoving the two apart. I imagine you could loop it around the legs and the centre support for the hutch, otherwise a couple of screw in eyelets would give you tie points.

If that doesn't work the other thing that might be an option would be to unscrew one set of hinges, depending how it folds that might give one panel that will then fold flat whilst the others stay open.

Just make sure you put the screws someone safe and know how it goes back together :lol:

Right, I think I'll take photos of it after I've taken each piece of wood off so I know how it goes back together :lol: :roll:

Will this gap be a problem? Its at an angle and its small so wood wouldn't reeaaaly fit in there-but I dont think id be able to cope at night time and stuff worrying about the gap

ny2usu8u.jpg

gyne4u2a.jpg

Binky had to get in my shots again :lol: :roll: :love:

And...I backed the run up to the hutch again today because its the only way she will poo in her run, strange bunny :lol:

That gap would concern me Tbh. Could you put a piece of wood flat against it, so it covers the hole, and attaches to.the hutch and run for extra protection?
Isn't the other concern the gap underneath the hutch as its on legs as well?

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

That gap would concern me Tbh. Could you put a piece of wood flat against it, so it covers the hole, and attaches to.the hutch and run for extra protection?
Isn't the other concern the gap underneath the hutch as its on legs as well?

Wood would go flat against them fine thankgod!
Thanks- nothing would probably ever get through it or her out but it wpuld stil worry me every moment im not out there :lol:
The underneath we're going to screw planks of wood across so she cant get out and nothing can get in :)

Wood would go flat against them fine thankgod!
Thanks- nothing would probably ever get through it or her out but it wpuld stil worry me every moment im not out there :lol:
The underneath we're going to screw planks of wood across so she cant get out and nothing can get in :)

The things we do for these buns :lol:
If all else fails, stick some more wood on it ;) I doubt anything would get in, or her out, but it's more peace of mind for you :)

The things we do for these buns :lol:
If all else fails, stick some more wood on it ;) I doubt anything would get in, or her out, but it's more peace of mind for you :)

It is peace of mind, im a worrier! Always thinking the worst that I didnt do the third bolt up so one might get out:lol:

I also think I've realised why she thinks the skirting boards are chew toys-she was chewing the inside of the cage so I screwed abit of wood over it, now she chews that but its better than the hutch...npw my skirting boards have bunny teeth chunks out of them :lol:

It is peace of mind, im a worrier! Always thinking the worst that I didnt do the third bolt up so one might get out:lol:

I also think I've realised why she thinks the skirting boards are chew toys-she was chewing the inside of the cage so I screwed abit of wood over it, now she chews that but its better than the hutch...npw my skirting boards have bunny teeth chunks out of them :lol:

Haha I'm a worrier too :lol: i lie in bed listening to them, and if I hear something new I have to come and check on them, even though I'm pretty sure there's nothing they can do to hurt themselves :lol:

Oh dear, luckily my two aren't really into chewing things they're not supposed to *touch wood* but maizie likes to climb on EVERYTHING!! If there's a way, Maizie will find it, cue everything being blocked off, plugs switched off at the sockets just in case she finds a way :lol: Daisy is less inclined to be adventurous, and is far more interested in the toys they have, and finding places to hide :lol: they both have a massive issue with clothes though :roll:

Haha I'm a worrier too :lol: i lie in bed listening to them, and if I hear something new I have to come and check on them, even though I'm pretty sure there's nothing they can do to hurt themselves :lol:

Oh dear, luckily my two aren't really into chewing things they're not supposed to *touch wood* but maizie likes to climb on EVERYTHING!! If there's a way, Maizie will find it, cue everything being blocked off, plugs switched off at the sockets just in case she finds a way :lol: Daisy is less inclined to be adventurous, and is far more interested in the toys they have, and finding places to hide :lol: they both have a massive issue with clothes though :roll:

Ive unlocked the house at 1am before because I thought I heard foxes :lol:

Mine have major issues with clothes aswell- I learned that when my £60 jumper had its hood shreded, but I laughed it off :lol:

Ive unlocked the house at 1am before because I thought I heard foxes :lol:

Mine have major issues with clothes aswell- I learned that when my £60 jumper had its hood shreded, but I laughed it off :lol:

Haha if you don't laugh you'd cry :lol: my two go at clothes when I'm wearing them :roll: i used to leave my clothes out over night to dry after washing, I don't do that anymore just in case :lol:

Haha if you don't laugh you'd cry :lol: my two go at clothes when I'm wearing them :roll: i used to leave my clothes out over night to dry after washing, I don't do that anymore just in case :lol:

Mine do that too :lol:
But ive found really handy pet blankets in poundland, they cover up my clothes and they're quite big, so they get chewed before my clothes :lol:
For only a pound theyre great clothes protectors :lol:

If you are worried about the gap, raise the hutch an inch so the run sits under the edge of the roof :) Couple of bits of board under the legs should do it it doesn't look like there is much difference in height.

They are practically the same height so that part doesnt worry me :)
Its the gap underneath- ive put a plank of wood under that and hammered it to the hutch, then theres a thinner bit of wood over the back of it and thwn theres a 1-2cm gap between the top of the hutch and the last but of wood, but im sure it should be fine and nothing will get through it!

Back