• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We've lost Starbuck

helgalush

Wise Old Thumper
Our precious little man has gone into his forever sleep :cry:

My husband found him this morning, lifeless next to the big pile of hay.

I know Starby was a favourite with some RU folks.

I'm so sad. He was a one of a kind little chap.

He had just been bonded in to the most wonderful foursome with his best mate Muesli, and our two outside bunnies, Zebedee and Buttercup. The bond had gone far better than I could have imagined and they all seemed so happy together. They all seemed to be looking after Starby and only yesterday I was looking at him snuggled up next to Buttercup and later being groomed by Zebedee that I felt my heart would burst with happiness for them all. I am so glad he got to know more bunny friends before he passed, and glad that Muesli has some company to help him grieve. I just hope this doesn't adversely affect the bond.

Beyond gutted and at a loss. Will post in RB when I feel up to it :cry::cry::cry:

Sleep tight Starby, thank you for being the most wonderful little man. :cry: I will miss you so much.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that you have lost you little man, it is good that he was being well looked after by the group though and sounds like he passed peacefully, it will be easier for Muesli having bunny friends to console him.

Sending lots of healing vibes to the rest of you.

Binky free little Starby

Thank you all so much. I've lost one of my soul bunnies :cry: It hurts so much.
Starbuck helped me through depression, my uni degree, my OH's major operations, and through the worst of my chronic fatigue. He changed so much in the time he was here. 4 and a half beautiful years. He became so happy with Muesli, the strongest bond I have ever seen. Starby was like Muesli's shadow, he depended on him for his happiness. Muesli groomed his poor weepy eyes, and made him feel safe, always. We always knew that if one of them lost the other that the one left would be devastated. Our little men were getting older. Just a few weeks ago we decided to try to get them bonded with our outside bunnies. It worked and I have never seen either of them happier.

Just looked out the window and Muesli was snuggled up with Buttercup and Zebedee so he is being looked after. It doesn't look right though - a threesome. They were such a happy foursome, even though we only had them here all together for a week :cry:

Just re-read his original adoption post: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...tarbuck-deaf-neutered-male&highlight=starbuck

My goodness we were lucky to have him.

What a shock for you! I'm so sorry.

He had a wonderful life with you and as a rescue there was no real telling how old he was.

Sleep tight little man. x

Back