• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

George is home!!

nixndaz

Warren Scout
I finally brought George home. He was from ferne's first litter nearly 2 years ago. I saw him in our local pet shop(the only pet shop in shetland!!). He was taken in the end of last summer burning didn't have the shed then so had no room for him. He was still there on Thursday so I brought him home to his mum and dad 😀 I will be getting him neutered and bonding him with my group eventually. I'm just so glad to have him home.
u6ahe7y5.jpg
yqygy4e7.jpg

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

This is his mum and dad. Mum is the first pic. Dad is still in his hutch as he is only 2 weeks post neutering.
ujujazun.jpg
ubahamys.jpg

Aww what a lovely happy ending to have them all reunited. Lovely pics xx

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you. I felt so guilty him being in the shop. I've become friends with the owners of the shop and said to them that if he was still there when I had the shed and had bonded my bunnies, that I would take him. He does need his teeth clipping and he's already booked in for that. As I want to bond him with my 4 other bunnies, I'm going to speak to the vet about removing his front teeth as it may be less stressful to him in the long run rather as the vet seeing him every month. Also, I'm not sure how the vet will handle 5 bunnies going in every month!! :D

I'd be having words with the pet shop about the state of his eye - pretty sure it is against pet shop license conditions to sell sick animals.

I have no idea on the back-story of this and how he ended up in a pet shop, but you must be relieved that you have him back. Must've been such a worry knowing he could have gone to anyone.

I'd be having words with the pet shop about the state of his eye - pretty sure it is against pet shop license conditions to sell sick animals.

I have no idea on the back-story of this and how he ended up in a pet shop, but you must be relieved that you have him back. Must've been such a worry knowing he could have gone to anyone.

Hi. I homed him to a lady when he was old enough to leave his mum. I did say to her that if there were any problems to contact me or bring him back to me. She obviously forgot and took him to the pet shop. Someone else rehomed him from there and after he'd fathered 2 litters he went back to shop. They took him to the vet for a check up and found that his eye problem was due to his teeth. He has been getting his teeth clipped every month. The bottom teeth grow over the top, hence the reason I'm going to ask the vet about whether it would be best removing them. He's a very chilled bunny, like his mum and dad. It is nice to have him home 😀

Back