• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to tell the difference between Ings and Timothy & Rye from Hay 4 Pets?

TD86

Alpha Buck
Hi :wave:

I ordered 9.5 kg of each about a month ago and have just opened one of them after running out of my batch of TH from timothyhay.co.uk.

I'm not sure which is which, but whatever it was, they absolutely went mad for it! :love:

Is there an easy way to tell which is which? I thought it smelled slightly damp but OH said he couldn't smell damp, he thought it was more perfumey and it did smell fragrant in a herby way/

I'd appreciate any help anyone can give :)

Thanks

They don't seem to be too different to be honest, although one of the bags feels a bit drier/crunchy so I'd assume that would be the Timothy and that I gave them Ings today:?

I will be ordering more anyway, sometimes I think their diet is better than mine! :lol:

The only thing I can say is - the Ings smells nicer:?

I had the same problem the other day when mine arrived. Luckily I remembered the lovely smell of the Ings, so I knew which was which! I'm sure this doesn't help at all does it?:lol:

I've not ordered from them for a while, but when I first ordered the hay, I couldn't tell them apart either. I emailed to ask if they could mark the bags, which they did.

I noticed that every time I ordered after that, the bags were marked to say which hay it was. Don't know if it was marked anyway, and I just didn't see it :lol::oops:

The Ings hay has more "bits" in it usually.

I found the T&R was much stalkier and pale and that the ings had much longer thinner strands and was a darker green colour.

I've not ordered from them for a while, but when I first ordered the hay, I couldn't tell them apart either. I emailed to ask if they could mark the bags, which they did.

I noticed that every time I ordered after that, the bags were marked to say which hay it was. Don't know if it was marked anyway, and I just didn't see it :lol::oops:

The Ings hay has more "bits" in it usually.

Think I might just do this :lol:

Back