• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

any other rescues on Instagram?

Woo! In 3 weeks we've got over 200 followers and a few donations from generous people too. Highly recommend rescues setting up instagram accounts :D

We have but it hasn't really made much difference to us!

You need to post at least once a day, use hashtags and like lots of other people's photos too as that draws them over to your account. It's a bit of a slog but only takes a couple of minutes a day really to get a post up. Your last post was 2 weeks ago and no hashtags or likes :(

Whereas I've liked dozens of photos today (it's been a slow news day) and my last post had a nice selection of hashtags, 58 likes and a lady made a donation off the back of it!

Now up to 500 followers :love:

No other bunny keepers/rescues on here? Would love to see more rescues on there, Dogs Trust have an account but not many seem to be embracing it.

650 :love:

Oh the arguments though with rubbish wire-caged US breeders. :censored:

Would love some more "professional" rescue buddies on there.

Now over 1,100 followers :thumb:

Any other rescues considering taking this up? It's been quite fun getting in contact with so many other bunny mad people (and yes, having the odd argument with American children who think they're the world's best breeder :roll:) even had donations through people based as far away as Canada.

It's definitely a social media outlet everyone should be getting in on, especially as so many youngsters are addicted to it :D

Now over 1,100 followers :thumb:

Any other rescues considering taking this up? It's been quite fun getting in contact with so many other bunny mad people (and yes, having the odd argument with American children who think they're the world's best breeder :roll:) even had donations through people based as far away as Canada.

It's definitely a social media outlet everyone should be getting in on, especially as so many youngsters are addicted to it :D
If you run the RR rescue page then I know exactly the account you're talking about :lol:

I love my animal instgram but im getting really annoyed at this account in paticular - saying they're opening a rabbit sanctuary yet buying from pet shops, not spaying, wire floors, too small cages, bad diets and they dont listen to advice either :lol: :roll:

Apart from that I love sharing photos of my pets on instagram and looking at rescues photos, makes me want to adopt more rabbits :lol:

If you run the RR rescue page then I know exactly the account you're talking about :lol:

I love my animal instgram but im getting really annoyed at this account in paticular - saying they're opening a rabbit sanctuary yet buying from pet shops, not spaying, wire floors, too small cages, bad diets and they dont listen to advice either :lol: :roll:

Apart from that I love sharing photos of my pets on instagram and looking at rescues photos, makes me want to adopt more rabbits :lol:

Most of these accounts have blocked me now :lol:

Most of these accounts have blocked me now :lol:
Their loss :lol:
In the same sense I do think its good for them when you post the educational like things like about the hay and the bad treats as it shows less experienced rabbit owners and the people who think they're the best rabbit breeders whats right and wrong as everyone starts somewhere! Even though they just question your reasoning behind the facts but hey :lol:

Their loss :lol:
In the same sense I do think its good for them when you post the educational like things like about the hay and the bad treats as it shows less experienced rabbit owners and the people who think they're the best rabbit breeders whats right and wrong as everyone starts somewhere! Even though they just question your reasoning behind the facts but hey :lol:

Most of the kids questioning are between 13-15 years old, the age when you do question everything and tend hold a strong belief everything you do is correct, everyone else is wrong. I'm mostly angry at their parents and mentors seemingly let them have free reign and giving them old outdated advice.

I had one girl (daytonareigns something) tell me rabbits never have golden poops. She deleted my reply explaining healthy hay-fed rabbits have golden brown poops. This was on one of her photos saying how rabbits need high protein and low fibre pellets.... Clearly not a girl whose ever studied bunny poop as much as us!! I might have a "bunny poop" day, what do you think? Get everyone to post pics of healthy golden bunny poop and show these fantabulous breeders what they're missing by not having litter trained rabbits!!

Back