• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Colour preferences - blue

Jackaroonie

Mama Doe
I've been observing my two pairs behaviours and antics and have noticed something. Both pairs have two plastic translucent water bowls , each have a blue one and then another coloured one. (Pink & green).

It seems that they favour the blue coloured bowl over the pink and the green and the other is always left full. I am wondering why this is and if anybody else have bunnies that favour the colour blue?

My OH did some googling and found that rabbits can see blue and green the best. He was looking to see what the best coloured toy for him (that's what we were looking at at the time). Admittedly tango had a red bottle and red bowl so I can't really prove the theory. :lol:

Dandy and Beano once shredded a blue litter tray, it was one of those small cat litter ones, I just had it there as an extra one, I guess they decided they didn't need an upstairs toilet :lol: I'm not sure if that means they like blue or they don't though :? :lol:

Mine like the heavy ceramic dog water bowls but not the metal ones. (None of them are blue though).

Back