• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flopsy & Lily on the grass!

Jackaroonie

Mama Doe
Flopsy and Lily had an adventure on the grass today, I sat with them for an hour then returned them to their setup. Flopsy I guess is on borrowed time what with his health so I thought I would treat them to some time on the grass and he loved eating the dandelions. I do forage for them every day anyway so they are well used to grass and dandelions. Sorry the photos are so large, i did resize them so not sure what happened! :roll:

Lily
DSC08351_zpse7b6a301.jpg

DSC08381_zps8b1c5a70.jpg

DSC08384_zps5bd37c6b.jpg

DSC08402_zpsf3b958bf.jpg

DSC08410_zpsc0b5bd7b.jpg

DSC08413_zps2f3d9e1a.jpg

DSC08414_zpsbfdaeca0.jpg

DSC08423_zps04dc884b.jpg

Flopsy
DSC08420_zps8fbbccda.jpg

DSC08417_zps65ac1fe9.jpg

DSC08401_zps5bb167c6.jpg

DSC08400_zps0381ca06.jpg

DSC08396_zpsd6ddf553.jpg

DSC08376_zps9b48f2b3.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that your boy Flopsy is poorly. What is wrong with him?

Looks as if they were having a great time on the grass with all those danders! :love:

Sorry to hear that your boy Flopsy is poorly. What is wrong with him?

Looks as if they were having a great time on the grass with all those danders! :love:

Thanks!

Flopsy has been suffering with dental issues for the past 2&half years as well as nasty painful tooth roots which he's been on metacam twice daily for two years. Luckily that can all be kept under control. Last May he was found to have kidney disease following a blood test after drastic weight loss and excessive urination and drinking. He was put on fortekor cat&dog tablets which are for renal and heart failure. In December Flopsy lost a lot of weight and was showing signs of deterioration so he went in for tests , X-rays and bloods and although his kidneys hadn't deteriorated and were stable something came up with his liver. Unfortunately we don't know exactly what or whether the damage was permanent however my vet advised us to put Flopsy on Milk thistle extract which is used to clean out the toxins of the liver. He's been doing well since then with regular weighing (I have baby scales). However I think something isn't quite right again now as he's lost 200g in the past month and although he's still eating well I think he is due a dental. His last dental and bloods were 4 months ago, we will see as we have an appointment on Monday evening.

I'm hoping he's just needing a dental and his organs are all ok however I really doubt that's likely. He's 7 years and 4 months old now and he really has aged this past year. His arthritis doesn't help him any. He's on so many meds and supplements. I love him and so does Lily :love:

They are such cute buns :love::love::love:

I love the pics of them munching dandelions :D

I hope all goes well with Flopsy at the vet xx

Absolutly gorgeous:love:

Very sad about Flopsy - poor little chap :( Lots of vibes for him and will keep fingers crossed for him on Monday
x

Back