• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will they ever learn???!

dumblepaws

Mama Doe
So Waffles and DP get their daily pellet ration in a treat ball, and enjoy the daily football match
They also have one of the McDonalds Happy Meal Lego cups that someone recommended on here, and sometimes score a "goal" by putting the ball into the cup

Except they can't get it out.

The morning, they managed a goal whilst i changed their litter trays, which i noticed, and set the ball free - turning the cup on its end to make it harder for it to get stuck
Except tonight I got home to find they'd scored again, and most of their pellets were still in the ball.

Will they eventually figure a way of getting the ball out of the cup, or should i remove the cup from the run?

#bunnyworldproblems

Remove the cup from the run! Rabbits have certain problem-solving skills, particularly mapping areas and deciding on where best to hide. :D'Tidying up' (demolishing untidy things like cables) is another biggy. :roll: These are skills honed over generations. ;)

Some rabbits are great at searching out treats but only if their scent is strong in my experience. Let's face it, they don't usually have to use many skills to find food in the wild. You don't need to sneak up on a blade of grass! :lol:

Maddie has learnt how to get their treat ball out when it gets stuck in a corner by using her front paws but Millie hasn't worked it out yet even though she's seen Maddie do it. I'm not sure if they would be able to get it out of a cup though but I would think they'd get frustrated and throw it! Might be best to take it out if you're not there to rescue the ball for them but leave it if you are there to see if they can work it out!

Like it - will remove cup for now and train them under controlled circumstances and see how they go

They've mastered getting ball out of corners too so they're pretty smart/desperate for food and they've mastered picking up/dropping cups so there's hope.

Thanks

Back