• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

DBF's and twitching

bunkin

Warren Veteran
Often when my housebun does a dbf he has his eyes completely shut and then he twitches. Legs/head and one ear:) I assume he is dreaming as the twitching goes on for a few minutes and then he jumps awake and then lets his head fall back down again.

Is this normal?

:wave: My Norris was a very dreamy rabbit. He would often do this. Sometimes I would think that he was about to pass away because he was so active in his dreams: chasing other bunnies and eating carrots, I bet! It must be a sign of great contentment that these bunnies feel able to sleep so deeply out in the open.

mowgli used to do that when he got old and poorly, he used to go into dbf deep sleep and twitch, and I often thought I wonder if he is dreaming he can see again

Aww poor mowgli hope he could see again in his dreams:love:
My boy is an oldie too - he's in this 9th year but races around like a young bun!

Bobby does some major twitching when sleeping. A day into having him I saw him doing it and I thought he was having some sort of seizure.

But we are used to it now. It's even funnier when himself and Rosie are doing it at the same time because Rosie flops into Bobby with one of her hind legs in the air and the two of them look hilarious :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Minnie twitches a lot when sleeping. Took her to the vet the first time i saw it because i thought she was having a seizure...that was embarrassing :oops::lol:

Levi does this :) I always assume he's dreaming. It's hilarious, he pulls some great faces. The best ones are when he accidentally wakes himself up and looks all surprised. :)

Back