• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Jessica's sick :(

TarpeyRabbit

Warren Scout
She was diagnosed with a tumor against her bowl above her bladder. The vets thought it was bladder-stones but once they 'got inside' they found a tumor and were unable to remove it. She was only 1 when they found it and didn't think she would make it to have her stitches out 10 days later. It's now been 15 months since that horrible day. The vets think it's infection based. My understanding of that is when she has an infection it affects her quickly. Jessica has been ill once last year and we thought we were going to lose her. She is on Metacam every 3 days and she acts as if nothings wrong she a happy as healthy bunny.
Yesterday she started urinating blood and her feces are not all the usual round shape or large lumps. We gave her an extra dose of Metacam (called the vets to ask their advice) last-night. She hasn't been yet today (usually goes at night) if it's bad in the morning I will take her to the vets. She is fine in herself she's been binkying round the lounge, playing eat mummy's sock and try and get the toe. She's had a little food today I haven't seen her drinking (but had a job interview earlier). If she shows any signs of being lethargic or just not herself I will take her straight to the vet.

I've seen people have said could they send 'vibes' I wouldn't usually ask but shes not even 3 yet and she's my little girl. I don't want to loose her.

poor Jessica:-(

she seems a little fighter seeing as 15 months later she is still beating their odds, vibes for her to stay strong and fight:love::love::love:

Graphic Image

Thank you. She seems fine in herself it's the blood. it's not even just a little bit in her urine its alot :cry:

10172806_10152338070480742_1056147050539131621_n.jpg

Oh my word, that does look scary..

I hope she remains well in herself... sending lots of noserubs and vibes for her

fee xxx

Thank you all for the vibes. It must have worked (that and the Metacam) as there was no blood this-morning. She looks a little tiered but I sat up with her all night which I think kept her awake so she bound to be tiered. She's falling asleep on my lap :).

Thank you all I really appreciate the kind words. X

Back