• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Don't know what will be least stressful

Kirotea

Mama Doe
I'm having problems with my floor at home and the insurance people are sending round some builders to pull up the chipboard and look at the floorboards underneath. The bunnies will have to be moved because the carpet needs pulling up in the front room and also it will be noisy.

I can move them into my bathroom but it will still be very noisy. I'm not sure how long the builders will be here or how much floor they will be pulling up but it will need nailing back down too.

The other option is my mum lives 2 minutes away and they could go in their pen in her garage for the day. It would be quiet but my cat goes in there for her food normally. She would be kept out but they might be able to smell her and my parents' dog.

Which do you think would be least stressful? It would only be for Monday evening and Tuesday day time but they've not been moved about since they got here 3 months ago :?

I'd keep them at home, albeit in a different room. It'll be less of a journey, will smell like home and whilst there will be some noise, I've never found bunnies or piggies to be that bothered by it.

Do you have a downstairs loo for the workmen or would they be likely to need to use the bathroom? If so then I would go for the garage, if not then I think the bathroom will be fine.

:wave: My bunnies have never been bothered by the smell of dog. I would do for the garage option as the might find the noise and disruption in the house more frightening.

Back